UK charts: Zumba takes top spot, Child of Eden misses top 20

Monday, 20th June 2011 09:25 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Zumba Fitness has gone back in at the top of the UK charts, taking over from last week’s number one Duke Nukem Forever.

This is the 505 fitness title’s third stint at first spot.

Duke drops to third, while The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D Edition is a new entry at two. Zelda’s first week sales are, in fact, not far off from the biggest-selling 3DS title to date in the UK, PilotWings Resort.

20 percent of 3DS owners bought OoT, according to UKIE.

But Ubisoft and Q Entertainment’s Kinect-enabled spirtual successor to Rez, Child of Eden, failed to chart inside the top 20, instead settling for 25.

Other new entries include a top ten listing for Square Enix with Dungeon Siege III at nine. EA and Spicy Horse horror Alice: Madness Returns misses out on the top ten at 13.

Top ten for the week ending June 18 is below. Last week’s data is here.

1. Zumba Fitness
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: 3D Edition
  3. Duke Nukem Forever
  4. LA Noire
  5. Brink
  6. LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean
  7. DiRT 3
  8. inFamous 2
  9. Dungeon Siege III
  10. FIFA 11

1. N2O1990

make sense,i asked some of my friends they don’t even know this game released

2. Suikoden Fan

who the fuck is buying zumba all this damn time?

3. Blerk

Ouch, poor old Child of Eden. Look at Zelda go, though!

4. aseddon130

i thought Child Of Eden may get into the top 10 at least, how wrong i was.

It is a very very very niche’ game though, it’s even very difficult to describe to friends.

5. NeoSquall

I refused to report UK charts about 4 months ago, when Zumba first entered the top ten.

I think I won’t report it again before this piece of software (?) exits the charts for good.

6. Blerk

I don’t really understand why people get so cross at Zumba. It’s not like it’s traditional gamers buying it instead of ‘proper’ games, there’s a whole bunch of people who bought a Wii just for the lifestyle and keep-fit stuff so there’s little wonder that it sells fairly consistently.

The only thing this really shows is that sales of gamer games are pretty low at the moment, which is probably not so surprising given the time of year.

7. Patrick Garratt

I might dust off my Wii and get a copy. It must be amazing.

8. Blerk

You could video yourself doing it for the Bulletcast.

9. AHA-Lambda

gutting to hear bout child of eden but it aint too surprising =s
    it always should have been an xbla title =(

10. Blerk

It’s probably too ‘big’ to be an XBLA game, there’s still a “2gb maximum” cut-off.

11. AHA-Lambda

well i just hope ubi didnt have too high hopes for this and the budget will match accordingly so this can make some money. Its not my kind of game but i guess we need more unique experiences nowadays

12. Patrick Garratt

You really don’t want to see my belly jumping up and down.

13. Zarckan

The reason CoE didn’t sell, is because no fucker knew it was coming out!

I thought it was out NEXT month.

14. mojo

12:
    actualy thats the sole reason everyone wants the videocast to be continued.
    go figure
    :D

15. The_Red

@5 Don’t install the software community! That thing makes games and software programs look like shi*t.

16. ASBI

wow ! DNF must be a huge disaster.
    and where is alice ? red faction ?

fifa still in the top 10 , looks like the online pass wasnt a bad idea afterall :)

even hunted didnt make it

it must be good for infamous 2 to be in the top 10 considering that it’s a decent yet not so popular game

17. NeoSquall

@15 I think your “install” would mean “insult”.
    Well, for this reason I’ve put it between quotes.

No wait, I didn’t put it in quotes… You’re right then. My bad.

18. DaMan

Zumba is filth. Outrageous, how dare they have fun with that softcore stuff?

19. Lounds

Infamous 2 deserves more.

20. mathare92

Told you all the lack of marketing from Ubisoft was going to hurt Child of Eden. Such a shame.

21. DaMan

All the people who play Zumba are brainwashed casual disbelievers. Fact.

22. Ge0force

#20 The 50$ price tag for five short levels hurts the game even more. XBLA has loads of games with way more content, costing 800 or 1200MSP.

23. mathare92

@22 I don’t think cost was really a factor. The 60$ price tag didn’t dampen the sales of DNF – a game most agree is not worth the full RRP – now did it?

24. IL DUCE

Poor Child of Eden…its been getting good reviews just has a questionable length…I’m still wondering how Brink is so high on the charts, I guess shooters always sell well even if they are not the best shooters out there, but I guess it is the best new shooter on the market…I guess its also only 62 million or so people in the UK…New York alone has a third of that population…so I wonder how much actual units each game is selling, out of curiosity

25. NeoSquall

If you can’t play a game doesn’t automatically mean it sucks.

26. Dannybuoy

Hooray for casual dancing games! The savior of our charts…