Quick quotes: Gears of War won’t become Epic’s “legacy,” says Bleszinski

Monday, 20th June 2011 09:19 GMT By Johnny Cullen

“It could never just be, ‘Hey, Marcus and Cole are back [and] there’s more Locust!’ Gears is amazing and I love it, absolutely adore it, but it will not be the final legacy of this studio.” – Epic design boss Cliff Bleszinski, speaking to Digital Spy, saying the above just after being quoted as saying “that if for the rest of my life I am only remembered for a fucking chainsaw gun, I will drink a bottle of whisky and put a gun in my mouth.”

We’re saying nothing.

1. mojo

bleszinski?
    aint that the guy who invented the chainsaw gun in gears?

2. Zana

Perhaps he would prefer to be remembered for the ugliest characters ever.

3. Artheval_Pe

Are you saying that a designer should be remembered for the work of artists ?

4. xxJPRACERxx

The only thing I’ll remember from Bleszinski is Deck16.

5. Schindet Nemo

Please correct me if I’m wrong – it’s been a while since I’ve played UT- but wasn’t Deck 16 made by E.Cannon?

6. IL DUCE

Cliffy B is the man but unless Epic comes out with something mind-blowing after Gears 3, Gears will be the game franchise they are remembered for…tech wise, the Unreal Engine obviously is their legacy and a proud legacy to have since its probably the most widely used engine out there…some will remember Infinity Blade since for many, including me, the graphics blew their mind when first playing it on an iOS device…and it was an awesome concept for a game as well but aside from that game-wise I would rather be remembered for Gears and a chainsaw gun than publishing Bulletstorm…and not to take anything away from Shadow Complex or the Unreal series, but Gears is the obvious front runner now for their most memorable franchise

7. Kuwabara

I love how cliff downs the gears series, ” remembered for a fucking chainsaw gun’ lol. He himself knows the series aint great :D, hopefully he betters it with a multiplat game or some ps exclusive down the track.

8. xxJPRACERxx

#5: You’re right! Original author is Elliot “Myscha” Cannon. So I won’t remember Bleszinski for anything!

9. ExxonValdez