First MGS: Peace Walker HD footage sneaks in

Monday, 20th June 2011 06:18 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Konami’s released the first proper footage of Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD, showing Snake and Miller talking in audio diaries as well as some actual gameplay. The game was shown on the E3 showfloor, but this is the first full quality footage of the HD redeux. Get it after the break.

Peace Walker HD comes part of the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, which launches this November for PS3 and 360.

1. mojo

someone doesnt understand how this game should be played…

2. triggerhappy686

Yehhhhhaaa. thanks Johnny :D

edit: LOL that is NOT how you play an MGS game. Character models are not as good as the PS2 games but im not too fussed about that. Looking forward to this.

3. Kuwabara

The best portable gasme ive ever played, however as a ps3 game, i cant see it being great. The mechanics fit the psp perfectly, not a propper ps3 title.

4. Espers

WOW !! WOW !! WOW !! I own this game on PSP and I find it difficult to play on PSP. Now that it is on PS3 I can enjoy it better. THANK YOU KOJIMA-san Arigato Gozaimashita !! ^_^

5. Blerk

Seems we’re stretching the definition of ‘HD’ somewhat here….

6. StolenGlory

My love for all things Metal Gear Solid does not make me blind to the fact that this looks farking awful for a so-caled ‘HD’ collection title.

Sorry, but it does.

With such basic geometry being thrown around, as well as a lack of texture detail and a 720p resolution, you would expect the frame rate to be north of the 30 border for sure, alas, that is not the case.

7. KAP

Well dont fucking play it then. Simple.

8. Hunam

@6 Are you getting 30FPS from somewhere else or just this video? Because all youtube video’s are locked to 30FPS.

9. StolenGlory

@7 I will still purchase the collection for sure, I was just casting doubt over the ‘HD-ness’ of it all you grouchy sod.

@8 That’s a good point actually, I had forgotten that they enforced the cap; hopefully the finished version will be a bit smoother.

10. CycloneFox

@5: ‘HD’ means the definition of 720p or 1080p. (What means 1280*720 pixel sized progressive frames (full pictures) or 1920*1080 pixel sized progressive frames)
    The game is rendered in 720p or 1080p, so where was some definition stretched here? Plus The HUD is rebuild for HD-definitions.

@Video: The one playing here was a noob. xD
    TheSnakeSoup:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAON5DDrgno

11. DaMan

Great,. more shitty plots, overdone voiceovers and inane gameplay attempts. Now in HD.

12. themadjock

@11 be gone troll, If you think the metal gear solid storylines are shit you are just wrong and perhaps too thick to understand them, granted they can be a bit “wordy” but imho MGS4 was a stylish, eccentric, emotional masterpiece.

13. mathare92

Let’s not get into this argument again.

Btw DaMan, my opinion might not be much to you, but Peace Walker’s honestly one of the best titles I’ve played on the PSP.

14. DaMan

@12 Nah, I just spent a tad bit of time on other stuff aside from crappy jap animes and videogames. The best plot so far was in the MSX original, the rest is tacky, overdone, poorly written, poorly directed mindfuck.

15. themadjock

@14 ….so you’ve played them right? If you have I respect your opinion, if not I don’t

16. DaMan

@15 Yeah, I did. To each their own, Notice how I for one didn’t start calling internet strangers names over a videogame ;)

17. mojo

lol.
    ive seen not only a few movies with far worse story than mgs

18. Kuwabara

daman, ur a fkn idiot, u obviously have not played snake eater.

19. DaMan

cuwabara i ‘ve playd teh snk3 etaear and ur mom says teh oth3rwise.

20. StolenGlory

I lol’d :)

21. IL DUCE

Yeah all these “HD Collections” or “HD Remakes” are over hyped and overrated because if they didn’t have good graphics in the first place the ctual polygons will not get any better…characters will still be blocky and look like shit you will just get a clearer picture of how shit they are…now if graphics don’t matter to you as much then its fine, I might rent this collection but I don’t think I can justify buying it unless its sub $40…graphics are just too big a part of gaming these days IMO especially since its the only reason they make these HD remakes, other than the fact so that you can access them on your current console…