Exclusive Xbox 360 characters in SFxT “will depend entirely on Microsoft,” says Ono

Thursday, 16th June 2011 16:46 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Street Fighter producer Yoshinori Ono has said it’s up to Microsoft to determine whether Street Fighter X Tekken will have exclusive characters like the PS3 version of the game.

Speaking with Eurogamer, Ono said that if the Xbox 360 version is to get its own Cole MacGrath exclusivity, Microsoft would have to wine and dine the producer. Of course, this was said in a joking manner.

“Sony called us up and wined and dined us,” Ono said, jokingly. “Just Starbucks, but I’m a big coffee fan so watching those beans get ground up really tugged at my heartstrings.

“Let me rewind, Microsoft just took me to Starbucks. Sony ground the beans for me. That’s the difference.

“When we first started talking to SCEA about the Vita version and ways we could link that up to the PS3 version the conversation naturally drifted toward what else we could that’s very PlayStation-ey, very specific to those platforms. So we started thinking of characters we could cross over.

“We settled on Cole fairly early because he’s a character that fits the Street Fighter universe. He doesn’t seem out of place. He has electrical moves. We already have Blanka, so we know in this universe it’s not unusual for people to have electrical powers. And we think his fighting style measures pretty well with Tekken, as well.

“He won’t feel like a shoehorned in guest character. Of course, from infamous 2 onward, it looks like Cole can use weapons now, so we’re not sure how fair that would be in a Street Fighter fight. We’ll see.”

Ono announced during Sony’s E3 press conference that Cole would be exclusive to the PS3 and Vita versions of Street Fighter X Tekken, and showed off an early demo of the character in action. Ono also hinted after the presentation to Eurogamer that he is looking at other guest appearances as well.

Street Fighte X Tekken is out next year on PS3, Vita, and Xbox 360.

1. ExxonValdez

I wonder if their gonna have any exclusive characters for 360.

2. xino

I can’t stand all these freaking special guest characters now.
    They are so overrated and expected nowadays.

Back when it was Soul Calibur 2, Special guest characters were SPECIAL because they were guest. Not only were they guest but they felt special because they were welcomed to that particular game.

But now publishers are now using that as a selling tool and special guest characters do not even deserve the “special” anymore because they don’t feel special. They are something people now expect in every fighting game to be released.

Just stupid and ridiculous.

3. pukem0n

Have Alan Wake in there. now that would be awesome.
    weird, but awesome ^^

4. lexph3re

If anyone from ms end would fit in this game it would be the guy from crackdown no one ms doesn’t have anyone else

5. aprotosis

In other words; Sony was willing to sign a cheque. Not surprising really since that equates to a lot of advertising and purchasing intent from the kind of people who need unique and enhanced things. I am sure there is a technical term for them…

6. Kaufer

^^ “aprotosis”

7. Gurdil

@3 Weird idea lol I can’t picture a fighter whose main weapon is a flashlight in this SFxT game. At least, I can’t picture him being a REAL fighter. I mean he’d surely be kinda like Dan at the beginning: a loser ^^

Anyway, I don’t get the point in forcing a guest character in there. I mean it’s already a fraking cross-over!!!