Reading is such a difficult thing. Watch me read the news to you instead. Do the written words afterwards. Break it up a bit.
- Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has confirmed that Wii U won’t have support for Blu-ray or DVD playback. Hit this for a complete look at Wii U, its tech, its game and what we learnt from its E3 reveal.
- Nintendo is “not interested in offering software free of charge,” according to Iwata.
- Game Republic, the independent studio behind Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom and Genji: Days of the Blade, appears to be closing doors amid financial woes.
- L.A. Noire sold around 900,000 units in the US during May, and is comparatively behind Red Dead Redemption by 40 percent.
- BioWare’s confirmed that up to 18,000 accounts have been compromised on its forums through an old Neverwinter Nights forums.
- In further hackZ0r news, LulzSec his EVE Online again last night, taking down both the MMO’s log-in server and the main play server, Tranquility.
- The decision to pull Crysis 2 from Steam was not made by EA, the publisher’s claiming. Apparently this is down to an agreement Crytek has with another download service which meant the game violated a new “a set of business terms for developers” on Steam.
- It’s being rumoured that Half-Life 3 is in the works, and that Episodes 3 and 4 have been canned.
- Rumour has it that Microsoft will release the Kinect SDK for Windows this week.
- Forza producer Dan Greenawalt has said we’ll see the results of Kinect’s effect on games development in about two years. Two years from now. Not now.
- Sony virtual E3 booth in Home attracted over 500,000 visitors last week.
- The Australian Classification Board is rethinking its rating of “naughty” Ubisoft game We Dare after home affairs minister Brendan O’Connor lodged a request for review.
- 2K Games has stopped using PR firm The Redner Group after its founder Jim Redner threatened to blacklist journalists and outlets that gave Duke Nukem Forever a “venom-filled” review.
- ArenaNet has said plans for “the delivery of future content – retail or otherwise – has yet to be 100 percent determined,” despite an earlier report stating the firm was planning to skip out on releasing expansions at retail.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.