Batman: Arkham City cover released by Warner

Thursday, 16th June 2011 08:10 GMT By Johnny Cullen

And here it is. Just a picture of the Dark Knight acting broody and moody. Not much else to say on it. 360 version of the cover is below the break.

Game’s out on October 18 in the US and October 21 in the UK for PS3, 360 and PC.

1. mark610

wedding dresses with color

2. Gekidami

Horrible.

3. DirtEHarry

Yeah, looks rather cheap.

4. Maximum Payne

Little bit meh if they show little bit more city in background but look ok
    But if this wasn’t offical I would say fake :P

5. Christopher Jack

Plain & simple, I reckon it’s good. I have my doubts that they can replicate the success of Arkham Asylum.

6. PenTaFH

I’m thinking it’s meh. If anything, it’s way too bright for anything Batman.

7. Telepathic.Geometry

Cover looks shit IMO, but I don’t really care as long as they’ve done as good a job with this as they did with Arkham.

8. Dralen

The thing that’s wrong from my point of view is the logo. It’s definitely in the wrong place. If I was designing the cover I would have had a more zoomed out view of Batman to show more of the background of the city. I then would put the title at the top and stretched it across from side to side. But I suppose that would be too much like the original lol.

However, I wouldn’t say it’s horrible, it just could have been alot better. But hey, what are you gonna do? I’ve seen plenty of crap game covers with great games behind them.

9. Krono

Big fuck up. The should have him kneeling down and hunched over roughly 20 yards away on a building of Gothic architecture while it’s dark and raining violently. Simple.

10. Blerk

Oh dear, that’s not very nice at all. :-|

Good job the game looks awesome.

11. StolenGlory

I couldn’t actually give a toss about the cover.

It’s going to be one of the best games i’ll play all year in all probability.

12. Maximum Payne

@9 like these ?

they would need a work of course but you get an idea :)

13. xxJPRACERxx

I don’t care about covers, I get all my games from digital distribution.

14. osric90

The Batman-Catwoman one and kind of romantic was better. Even the Batman-Harley Queen one. Use those as covers.

15. Ali Mofadal

BAD BOXART !! and i thought Arkham Asylum boxart was horrible !!!

16. onlineatron

Reminds me of the God of War III cover. I assume they are trying to make it stand out, catch your eye on the shelf, with the blanket white, something different from the usual orange and blue; but it looks barf-inducing.

17. onlineatron

There a PS3 version about? I’d imagine it would look better against a black header, rather than the gaudy green of Xbox.

18. IL DUCE

This cover is much better, I assume its US only though…just got posted by IGN today: