Evangelion game in the works at Grasshopper

Wednesday, 15th June 2011 02:01 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Drop everything, it is time to blow minds. Grasshopper Manufacture is making an Evangelion rhythm game.

Andriasang reports the studio best known for Killer7, No More Heroes and lately Shadows of the Damned is working on a new PSP title based on Gainax’s legendary anime series, Neon Genesis Evangelion.

In a rhythm game, music is obviously important, so how do you like a soundtrack by Akira Yamaoka, the famed Silent Hill composer? Awesome.

There’ll be 30 tracks, remixes of Evangelion songs, remixed by Yamaoka and blended with appropriate visuals.

Rebuild of Evangelion Sound Impact, as it is known, is due at the end of September, and will also release as two special editions, one sporting the soundtrack, and another with a T-shirt and headphones.

Is it likely to surface outside Japan? Extremely unlikely. Will a packet of us fly across just to pick it up? Much more probable.

This is the kind of thing I only get to write about once a century, when the conjunction of the planets causes the gaming gods to shower utterly mental joy and delight upon us. Amazing. Insane.

1. YoungZer0

One of the most overrated anime ever produced. The heart and gold for socially incompetent people.

2. Erthazus

You just don’t understand it that is all.

3. AHA-Lambda

omg that is amazing XD

4. MadFingerz

Listening to “The Beast II” is an epic way to start your day!

I have to say though, a proper NGE game for the current/next generation is long due.

5. YoungZer0

@2: Sure i don’t, emo. I expected you to comment on this, you’re so predictable. I don’t even understand how people can think that this anime is smart somehow, or hard to get, it’s just fucking stupid characters doing selfish emo shit, that’s all.

I bet you have no problem identifying yourself with them.

6. Espers

YES YES YES … Hope it’s not Japan Exclusive !!

7. Espers

@6 I won’t say you are stupid, I’ll keep it polite and say you are ignorant .. However I will be nice to you and give you a hint as to where to start:

” Religion ” and after learning more about it…re-watch the movies.

8. YoungZer0

@8: You gotta be fucking kidding me. I already said, i know what the series and films are about! They are not very subtly about it either.

It’s just an overrated series, that is all.

9. DaMan

What’s the issue with Evangellion, there’s a kid going through a phase in there, people who like the new Dmc should enjoy it as well.