Smith says 2K took the “spice” from the XCOM series and made it the “meat” of the revamp

Tuesday, 14th June 2011 22:10 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Drew Smith has the team behind XCOM is taking elements that made the previous games in the fun and “bringing it” with the revamp slated for next year. During E3, the producer spoke with GamePron in the video posted below regarding what has been going on behind the scenes on the tactical FPS. Sounds like research will play a bigger role this time around as well. XCOM is slated for March 6 in the US and March 9 in the UK on PC, PS3, and Xbox 360.

1. nofear360

Sorry to be a dick Steph, but you really need to work on proofreading. There, I said it :P.

2. Stephany Nunneley

I am having “insertion” issues with Chrome today. And all “insertion” jokes to infinity and back have been noted. There.

3. DSB

I really hope he won some kind of bet for wearing that beret.

I’d be talking about keeping the fun bits myself if I was working on some lame shooter equipped with a classic strategy brand.

4. nofear360

@ 2: Actually, I meant actual proofreading, as in going over the text. I’ve seen many typos and such in your articles recently. An example from this article: “Drew Smith has [said] the team behind XCOM is taking elements that made the previous games in the [franchise] fun and “bringing it” with the revamp slated for next year.” ;)

Again, really hate to be THAT guy, but I felt like you should know.

5. Blerk

The previews of this from E3 were far more positive than I was expecting. It sounds less like a straight shooter and more like a first-person Mass Effect with some strategy/management stuff.

They really need to show more of what it actually is, though – that pre-E3 trailer just made it look like CoD. It was awful!