Patrick Stewart lending his voice to The War of the Worlds

Tuesday, 14th June 2011 13:20 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Other Ocean Interactive ha announced Patrick Stewart will be lending his voice to The War of the Worlds, its PSN and XBL game based on the novel by H.G. Wells.

Stewart will be providing narration for the game, which follows one man’s experience in 1950s London during an alien invasion.

“As a young boy, I remember watching the The War of the Worlds so many times I was quoting the lines,” said Stewart. “The alien invasion both terrified and fascinated me and the movie has stuck with me since then. Now, being part of this project will provide a new way for gamers around the world to experience a fresh new take on a classic.”

The War of the Worlds is a dark, new take on Well’s classic and is a single player, 2D action-adventure title where the gameplay narrative parallels the timeline and events from the 1953 movie adaptation. However, it contains a new story arc, characters, locations, and sub-plots.

Gameplay pays homage to “classic cinematic platformers such as Flashback and Out of This World,” as the game’s hero is “forced to think through insurmountable odds,” as players try to outsmart an army of alien tripods, spiders and drones.

The War of the Worlds will release for Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network later in 2011.

1. LOLshock94

and has lent over 1 million voice records for skyrim

2. Night Hunter

Sometimes I ask myself why he is doing this? I mean it can’t be the money, Stewart is probably still living off royalties for The Next Generation. Maybe he just likes voice acting?

3. Blerk

He went from being a successful Shakespearean actor to doing Star Trek. It’s not like he’s proud or anything. :-D

4. OrbitMonkey

Patrick Stewart loves to work, its as simple as that.

Oi Blerk, you knocking Next Generation? *sets phasers to disembowel*

5. Springchicken

I’d read a lot more stories on VG247 if all the banner images were of Patrick Stewart.

Look at that Olympian of a man. Look at his face. The crisp lines. The strong jaw. The rugged chin, knowing half-smile and steely yet compassionate eyes. I just want to touch it.

6. Blerk

I’m not knocking it, I liked Next Gen. It’s not really ‘Bard standard’ though, is it? :-D

7. Night Hunter

Well, he did Science Fiction before (Dune) and in genereal he is very inconsistent with his roles. TV, Film, Theater, Games, Anime, it’s all mixed together over the years ;)

An interview about this would be very interesting, unfortunately I didn’t find anything on youtube …