DMC has new story, bosses, Dante, and a shifting game world

Tuesday, 14th June 2011 20:21 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Capcom has said that DMC will include more weapons along with new enemies and and abilities while keeping the same feel as previous games in the franchise.

Speaking in a Capcom Unit video produced during E3, Capcom said Ninja Theory’s take on the Devil May Cry series will feature interactive environments with the game world shifting and changing shape in the game levels.

The new gaming style to the series goes along with the new world, new story, new bosses, and new Dante, with the new weapons adding an additional layer to combat and puzzles.

The project’s director has worked on all previous Devil May Cry games, and Capcom said that Ninja Theory wants to innovate the series while still respecting the brand.

It also goes on to say that fans of the series will be “pleasantly surprised at who will be in the game,” and that characters and story details will be revealed soon.

You can watch the entire video below.

Big thanks to Vegivo.

1. neon6

Mmmmmm…the tears of those asspained fanboys who vowed to stop paying attention to the game because it pains them to do so only to be so hypocritical and keep looking it up anyway are just delicious. Capcom’s really knows how to generate hype in this franchise after how lame DMC4 turned out. Maybe more companies will use this technique if it successfully works out for them in the future.

2. osric90

@1 DMC4 lame? You’ve got issues.

3. Erthazus

@1, DMC 4 was lame? LOL

4. M. K.

Compared to DMC4 the first DmC gameplay trailer looked like total crap, and I don’t even like the DMC games (Hayabusa > *)

5. Dralen

I’m shocked! DMC4 Lame!? Those two words together make me feel sick.

6. neon6

DMC4 is so very much unlike what the series is supposed to be like, is because the development team went about with that specific purpose of destroying aspects of the series’ identity. They took an essentially male orientated action gaming series and compromised it’s identity for the sake of marketing the game towards female gamers. The Fantasy RPG like style and flavour of the game, the stupid lovestory, Dante acting like a flamboyant jerk, the anime style presentation, the lack of horror elements, the dark atmosphere and serious tone, the seedy underworld setting of the series etc. etc. They lost some good people over the years and when you put someone who constantly fought with the series creator at the helm of such a project, that’s what you get in return along with reused stages and a limited moveset because he doesn’t know what to do. I don’t think you were much of the fan of the series as a whole if you couldn’t see it yourself or are unable to understand why people had a salty taste in their mouths, but probably some new fan who (like most) picked up 3 or 4 used :/ But you should look on the bright side. If it’s true from the trailer about going back to original elements that were abandoned in later games, then maybe your intolerance against gay people will lessen :)

7. YoungZer0

@6: “reused stages” Well, to be honest this is something we can find in every DMC game. But DMC4 took it to a whole other level. I actually stopped playing the game after a few stages.

It was boring. The charm was gone. It was all bright and colorful and we were introduced to a character i never cared about. Nor did i care about his stereotype girlfriend. Should i? No. What’s with the green jungle environments? Doesn’t fit.

I totally agree, DMC4 was absolutely Lame and CAPCOM did the right thing by rebooting it.

8. Kuwabara

All the games except dmc1 were fucking lame. DMC1 was a beast, one of the best of all times.

9. Dralen

@7 Wow! Those are several sucky reasons to not like a game, and I’m going to tell you why.

1. The charm went no where; the characters, locations and wit were all just as good as the original game. 2. If you had carried on with the game, you might have actually realised that you become more connected with Nero as the story progresses. 3. When is there not some type of stereotypical character in a video game? Get over it. 4. It’s a freaking over-the-top fantasy game, they could go to the sahara desert and it would still fit.

In my honest opinion CAPCOM have only gone downhill after Devil May Cry 4.

10. ehab

Did he say puzzle solving? And did he say that this game still carries on the graphical prowess of the previous titles? Character designs look crappy. I hope that’s not final product design.

11. YoungZer0

@9:

1. It was gone, live with it, it was gone after the first one. And the location, while looking good had not the same gothic impact of the first one. Everything was colorful and shiney, like an Unreal Game.

2. I watched all the cutscenes. I never got connected to him, he is the typical young anime character #23452362353

3. Enslaved perhaps? And no, i don’t get over it, videogames need to evolve.

4. The best fantasy knows its limits, DMC doesn’t. CAPCOM was going down hill after DMC3 which was also a shitty game.

12. Espers

a new DMC for Gays !!

13. Dralen

I don’t know why you would quit after the first few stages and then be bothered to go and watch the 1 hour and a half cut scene footage. Which BTW can only be unlocked after completing the game. It also doesn’t really give you the same experience as playing through the game. Just like if you go and watch the Metal Gear Solid cut scenes without playing through the whole game.

*Sigh* I’m not going to bother arguing with you about it. It’s clear you have some strange hate towards the game. But one last thing; I don’t like the direction CAPCOM have now gone with DMC, because I thought the Devil May Cry series was great fun, and to change the main character is the biggest FU I can imagine to the fans of the series. However, I will still play DMC to the end as I do with most games.

14. KyouKatsu

Really expected more of the new DMC super disappointing I finished all the DMC its one of the best games ever until the new one came out its just ridiculous kinda expected the return of Virgil or something now they going from a grown Dante to a little fag I refuse to waist my money Capcom