Rumour: Bungie holds photoshoot for “steampunk game”

Monday, 13th June 2011 16:36 GMT By Patrick Garratt

Superannuation’s bug up what appears to be a call out for steampunk fans to turn up at Bungie in early June for a photoshoot related to its “steampunk game”. Steampunk game?

Victorian military costumes are specifically asked for in the ad, as they’ll “suit the game quite well”.

Reads the posting, published on the Seattle Steamrats forum:

Calling all Greater Seattle steampunks! I need people to show up in steampunk finery to have photos taken for video game artwork for a steampunk game currently in development. Wear your own steampunk clothing or show up and we’ll put you in costume. Snacks and beverages will be provided and a good time will be had by all!

If you have steampunk outfits that are Victorian British military, French military, Confederate or Pirate-y themed, please bring them, as they would suit the game quite well. (extra points for Naval military themes)

Also, any photographers willing to donate their time are more than welcome to bring a camera and their skills so that we may have more coverage of the fabulous-looking people who are sure to be there.

Friday, June 3rd
9am – 8pm
Bungie Studios
550 106th Avenue NE
Bellevue, WA

Halo developer Bungie is currently creating a new universe for publication by Activision. No release date for the IP’s first instalment has been announced as yet.

1. Lewis247

I really hope this isn’t to do with their new big franchise, just another project the team is working on..

But, to be honest I don’t mind I mean it’s bungie. They can do no wrong.

2. ManuOtaku

I do love steampunk style, thats the reason why steamboy is one of my favorite anime movies ever, if bungie is doing something on those lines i will be very happy indeed, oh and this reminds me that iam waiting for the machinarium PC port on XBOX Live and PSN, hurry up with that.

3. AHA-Lambda

steampunk???? SOLD! ^_^

4. Blerk

The world needs more Steampunk games! Looking forward to seeing this now.

5. ManuOtaku

#4 Amen to that Mate, but not only in games, also in movies, TVseries, anime,etc, every enterteinmet media known to man.

6. barchetta

Some sort of Crimson Skies / Chaos Engine / Difference Engine (which, coincidentally, I retrieved from the loft at the weekend to reread for the first time since publication) mash up??!! Yes, please.

7. OrbitMonkey

So Bioshock will have some competition in the Steampunk genre?

I wonder….

8. xino

brink 2?

9. polygem

i want lava levels in a shooter…you hear me LAVA LEVELS!!!

10. Hunam

Bioshock was only passingly Steampunk thankfully.

Also, I don’t like Steampunk at all. Cyberpunk is where it’s at.

11. ManuOtaku

#10 Oh Cyberpunk another great style( i loved it in anime by the way, akira anyone), but i think both can co-exist together without the detriment of one another.8D, therefore i said more SteamPunk and Cyberpunk on our videogames.

12. jldoom

I never really noticed “Steampunk/Cyberpunk” and I’ve seen Akira and Steamboy. Always learning new things everyday!

13. ManuOtaku

#12 Well Steamboy has a very steampunk feel to it, and i think is the most close anime i saw that came close as being steampunk, and akira has a kind of cyberpunk feel into it.