Fri, Jun 10, 2011 | 00:05 BST
Thursday Shorts 2: Lara Croft models, bikini car wash, Alien queens, gentle games
So many things out of E3, so little caffeine and sanity left. Let’s get to the shorts of it, shall we?
- E3 had a Saints Row: The Third-themed bikini car wash. How many attendees even drove to the conference anyway?
- Speaking of scantily clad women: there will no more live models of Lara Croft. There will be an Origins movie though.
- Is Kotick planning on buying Myspace? Some insiders think so.
- Seems like everyone has seen Aliens: Colonial Marines. D’toid has too, and seemed pleased with the “freakin’ FANTASTIC Alien Queen.”
- There’s a lot of Dead Island screens through here. Not many are new, though.
- SOE has just announced that it has dropped the price of Station Access to $19.99 a month.
- Check out a video and a hands-on with Rochard, the gravity-bending, platform-puzzler for PSN.
- GamersGate is launching FreeGames in 84-days, and it will be an ad-supported platform for both PC and Mac.
- An extended version of the Eagle trailer for The Lord of the Rings: War in the North has been released with developer commentary.
- The Accursed Woods location has been revealed for The Secret World. Looks spooky.
- There are 57 shots of Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns through here.
- A trailer for Disney Universe has been released. Makes us feel like an innocent child, again.
- “Videogames are becoming kinder and gentler as women and older players seek pleasure in a pastime long dominated by teenage boys hell-bent on winning wars in fantasy worlds.” Yeah, right. Gears says hi.
- X-Men Destiny apparently makes you pretend to be The X-Men without actually playing as them.