Molyneux: “I made a horrendous mistake,” taking navigation out of Fable: The Journey demo

Friday, 10th June 2011 23:06 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

After insisting that Fable: The Journey is not on rails in a interview earlier this week, Lionhead’s Peter Molyneux has tried to further clarify matters by stating that the game’s demo shown to the press has misrepresented what the gameplay entails.

Speaking on camera with OXM, Molyneux said: “I made a horrendous mistake on the press briefing demo by taking out the navigation, allowing players to move.”

The demo shown, as Keza can attest to, did not allow for player movement throughout the game, but Molyneux said that what was show at E3 is not indicative of the final product.

“I’ll just state on record now that Fable: The Journey is definitely not on rails,” he said.

Fable: The Journey is slated for a 2012 release on Xbox 360 and Kinect.

1. onlineatron

2. minxamo

How can you possibly move around freely using kinect?
    Jogging on the spot?

3. Stephany Nunneley

I loved that show.

4. Erthazus

Molyneux, you made a horrible mistake making this game at all.

5. Lightmanone

You know.. I wonder if Fable will be an on-rails. /fun

But eh.. what has been shown of Fable 4.. I hated it.. They killed the Fable.. i loved 2.. loved 3.. what the hell happened with the continuation of the story??? :S

6. Prof.Dr.Moertel

@4 So true, it´s sad :/

7. revsouly

ok, He continues to say it is not on rails, but he doesn’t say how we are going to move around

Inquiring minds would like to know.

8. _LarZen_

I have faith in Molyneux, his previous games is a statement in itself.

So dont worry Molyneux, fans of your games have or should have faith in you and buy this new Fable game.

Haters wil hate so ignore those f*ckers…

9. polygem

fable is a great franchise. III wasn´t that great i have to admit. I and II were awesome though…i still got hope for a great new fable game. doubt that this one will be it though. here´s something for sony: a new medievil is a freakin MUST. it´s a gorgeouus ip. so get your asses up and create one for ps 3 or vita. pllleeeeaaaassseee….