Skyward Sword shines in E3 2011 media

Tuesday, 7th June 2011 23:44 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Finally, a good look at The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. Catch the extended E3 2011 trailer plus a gallery of screenshots through the cut.

Skyward Sword is due on Wii at the end of the year.

1. onlineatron

It’s finally looking great, I’ll be on this like white on rice come release.

GTTV were showing Skyward Sword earlier and said that the bird sections are akin to Wind Waker’s boat sailing; which, to me, is cool.

Also the structure has changed in that the lead up to dungeons themselves are like dungeons, full of puzzles, etc; so hopefully not so much of a clean cut disparity between the two.

2. OlderGamer

I’m sold, looks good to me.

3. Blerk

Well, that’s looking significantly less ‘odd’ than it did last year. Hopefully the Wiimote Plus thing won’t be too bad and then it can go on the Christmas list.

4. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Looks pretty bland….and boring. This is coming from a lover of Zelda since 1986.

I wanna see more of that WiiU HD Zelda showed briefly. That looked amazing.

5. onlineatron

I much prefer the style of this to that shown in the Wii U Zelda *cough* ‘experience’.

That said, my favourite Zelda game is Wind Waker.

6. Phoenixblight

@4 and 5

THat Zelda was a Tech Demo nothing more it actually looks exactly like the same tech demo when the Wii was first announced.

7. onlineatron

Whatever, man; you know a WiiU Zelda will come out, and you know it will look flashy like that, because Nintendo know that’s what the majority of ‘hardcore’ fans want.

8. Dr.Ghettoblaster

@5 and 6

I think Twilight Princess looks better than this game, and I loved Wind Waker also.

9. Blerk

Wind Waker is still the best-looking Zelda ever. By a mile.

10. ManuOtaku

I Agree Wind Waker is the best-looking Zelda title, thats the reason why i dig this style it reminds me a lot of WW, i love cel shaded games, but i did like the dark style of Twilight Princess though.

But for the things hinted gameplay wise and the graphics i tell you i think this will be a very good zelda game, but maybe it will have the same fate as Mayoras Mask it was very different and for that great, but not too many zelda fans will love it.

11. Phoenixblight

That may be so if they go that direction but what they had shown is not a game and they won’t have a Zelda game ready for it at launch of the WiiU and if they do it will just be a remake of Skyward sword utilizing the Pad.

I also enjoyed the cel shaded version of Zelda like Wind Waker and I would even go so far to say I want to get Skyward Sword but I am currently waiting to see the price of the Wii U and then I will pick it up then I can have my cake and eat it too (having backward compatibility and HD resolution games) assuming the price is not more than 300$.