Nintendo video shows various titles coming to Wii U

Tuesday, 7th June 2011 22:04 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Darksiders II, Rabbids, Tom Clancy, two new IPs from Ubisoft, Tekken, Batman Arkham City, and more were announced has heading to Wii U tonight during Nintendo’s press conference. In case you missed it, we’ve got the montage video for you below. Everybody loves a montage.

1. Lewis247

It’s going to be weird seeing and hearing games being released for xbox 360, ps3 AND WiiU.

2. Bloodyghost

If these are the WiiU gameplay then the graphics dont look anything better then current gen.

3. OrbitMonkey

Personnely looking foreward to the screen comparison shots & all the bitching that will bring ;)
    It’ll be interesting to see how they tablet controller handles these games & how it feels for the gamer.

4. LOLshock94

these videos keep freezing why is this

5. Blerk

So basically a bunch of 360/PS3 games and some old Nintendo favourites. Unless the hardware’s noticeably better than the 360/PS3, surely this is only going to sell to Nintendo die-hards?

6. DSB

Do we even know when it’s coming out? I think it’s a little early to assume that that’s all there is.

Usually one of the worst issues of any console launch is that the opening line-up is weak to say the least. I bought my 360 shortly after launch and I was just waiting for a halfway worthwhile game to come along.

Going for some late-game ports seems like an effective way of building up a selection, even if it won’t appeal to the core 360/PS3 fanbase. Which it never did to begin with, really.

7. OlderGamer

DSB +1

8. Blerk

They’ve said 2012, but no specific date. From the looks of it it’s far from finalised so my guess would be ‘later’ rather than ‘sooner’. By which point most of the announced ports will be rather old…

It would’ve been nice to hear why we should wait for the WiiU versions of the multiplatform games rather than them just throw in a generic “well, it’ll support the new controller, like” caveat in passing.

9. DSB

True that, but I think you’re attributing a bit too much importance to those. I don’t think they want you to wait that bad.

I’m fairly sure they’re saving the hype on the main launch titles until they at least know when they’re launching.

I’m pretty sure these are just a “bonus” sort of thing being brought up now to showcase it early, and obviously give people an idea of what it can pull.

10. Blerk

Possibly so, but you can generally ignore me when it comes to Nintendo – they make me grumpy. :-)

Because I don’t really like their own games I tend to only look at the third-party stuff.

11. DSB

That’s just because you haven’t played No More Heroes ;)

Actually the first one had quite a few glaring flaws, so that might make you a little grumpy.

It is actually pretty strange that they didn’t have anything proprietary to show off as a tech demo. A Milo, if you will.

12. Blerk

Something they can wow us with and then quietly can later on, you mean? :-D

13. DSB

Haha. Exactly :D

14. JonFE

I don’t think multi-platform owners have any reason to wait for the WiiU versions of these games, even more for those games they are familiar with from their predecessors. I mean, I’ve already played three Assassin’s Creed games on my x360, why should I choose another format for the fourth, especially one I have to buy first?

On the other hand, it makes the WiiU look equal to x360/PS3 and not like the ugly sister, so it could have some kind of significance.

15. Bloodyghost

Hats off for 3rd Party.

But a little too late to the party as we are moving to Next Gen in atleast a couple of years.