E3 2011 – Total MS and Sony press conference coverage

Tuesday, 7th June 2011 19:24 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Microsoft and Sony went big on some announcements and reveals last night, having a major focus on motion controllers Kinect and Move, and showing massive first-party stuff like Gears of War 3, Fable, Uncharted 3 and Resistance 3. Not to mention, Sony properly lifted the wraps off PlayStation Vita. Get links to the coverage below. Here’s the third-party stuff from EA and Ubisoft.

1. G1GAHURTZ

Wow, this E3 was dead.

It’s all going a bit stale.

Next gen consoles are needed ASAP…

2. KAP

Sony, honestly won this years E3 second year in a row.
    MS honestly let the side down and Nintendo…. dont get me bloody started.

3. ManuOtaku

For me it is a tie between the three all of them have great shows and anouncements, but if i got to pick one will be nintendo for the home console front with Wii U and the strong third party support and the surprises like luigis mansion 2, and the strong 3ds line up.

4. Erthazus

E3 is stale… We really need new consoles…

Current gen is already dated and behind PC like for 5 years already.

5. strikkebil

ms was best, few new games and new dashboard. sony was pathetic. no new games(not interrested in vita), no improvements to psn. nintendo delieverd on casual marked but i have played enough mario so im not interrested.
    worst e3 in years.
    highlights: BF3 demo and ACR gameplay(cant believe it was PS3 footage)

6. OlderGamer

How close do you folks think MS or Sony is to putting out new hardware? And what do you expect out of it?

My gut tells me MS could do it faster/easier then Sony. But I don’t think Sony wants to move forward with new hardware just yet.

7. earlyrock

@6 I’d agree that Microsoft would be out of the gate first, but I don’t think they want to just yet. 360 is still doing fairly well and Kinect should help for abit. Move isn’t doing the same for Sony, but the PS3 is doing fine without it anyway thanks to the slim and the massive price drops its had since 2006. I’d hope next year we’ll see/hear new info from both Sony and MS. As long as they dont rush.

Microsoft rushed the 360 out to get ahead of Sony and looked what happened with the hardware. Hopefully we’ll see em both around the same time.

8. Maximum Payne

I think in 2013 should be announced and in 2014 to release.I WOULD LOVE SOONER but that won’t happened.

9. strikkebil

@6 ms showed new dashboard, new partnerships and new games. they seem confident in their system. sony on the other hand, showed almost only games comming out this year and no improvments for PSN. so i think sony might wanna get the next console out sooner rather than later. face it, ps3 has been a disaster. i love it cos of the good games. but its lacking in many ways, and devs still have a hard time developing for it. sony announce PS4 next year.

10. Maximum Payne

@9 The games are most important and Sony have a lot.Also developing is no more problem like it used to be.

11. KAP

All the people that say its the games that talk but yet are asking for new consoles are retarded. Im sorry but its true. The same people that claim to say were in need of new consoles, are the same lot that’ll get giddy playing Batman, skyrim etc this year… lol

12. Maximum Payne

@11 HMM ? Well I want new console because I have PC and lot of games are nothing more then xbox port and besides higher resolution and framerate you don’t get much.But If consoles have twice as many power as they have now,all multiplatform would look better*no shit sherlock*
    But I said for Sony to have great exclusives like Uncharted,Heavy Rain,God of War 3,Last Gardian they all have superb graphic/art style so IMO sony is in little bit better position.Microsoft have now Halo 4 and BIG MAYBE new alan wake next year and that is it ?

13. Dr.Ghettoblaster

All Microsoft had this year was Kinect. I think we can safely bet next year they’ll introduce new hardware.