Battlefield 3: Multiplayer trailer, Frostbite 2 trailer, new screens

Tuesday, 7th June 2011 10:52 GMT By Patrick Garratt

The most beautiful game in the entire world ™ left the EA press conference crowd gobsmacked last night. See why Battlefield 3′s creating such a fuss below.

EA’s now released two new shots and Battlefield 3′s first multiplayer trailer, as you can see down there.

The publisher’s also put out the Frostbite 2 feature video DICE played in the EA press conference demo. We’ll have that up for you in a few minutes.

You’d have to be blind to have a bad word to say about this. Blind and mad. It was confirmed last night that the shooter will release on October 25.

1. Erthazus

this game baby is the beast of this generation.

GOTY of multiplayer. This trailer was so fucking good. (i liked the guy with the mask. I will probably play with that skin if it is possible)

2. Patrick Garratt

The tech is just amazing. There’s nothing else like it at the show. That tank demo was ridiculous.

3. M. K.

Yeah they need to show more. EA and Sony disappoint, such a partnership but no BF3 gameplay? Come on :(

*fingerscrossedforgoodcontrols*

4. Erthazus

@3, partnership? You mean Battlefield 1943 to PS3 as a free game when you purchase BF3?

wow… such a partnership….

5. M. K.

No I mean that they promote only PS3 version of their games on E3, like Activision does with Microsoft. I’m sorry you didn’t notice.

6. Patrick Garratt

I’ve added the engine feature video.

7. polygem

if i had to choose just one game this year. bf3 would be it hands down. bf3, rage, skyrim and (yea i just like cod despite the same same) mw3 are my must play titles this year…shame they all release so close to each other…i´ll probably buy rage then bf and after i killed some decent hours in both i´ll get mw3 and skyrim…so good…maybe i´ll keep myself busy with deus ex until september. we´ll see. can´t freakin wait. can´t complain. Where´s the MS handheld i was waiting for though???

8. Maximum Payne

Have you notice that there is no hit box when ADS but when fire from hip then there is? Also that jump at O:32 look so cool
    But i find very similar look to MOH isn’t it ? Like M16,HUD,colors…

9. davidkenobi

Come on EA we want console footage now !!!

10. scuz

I think I’ll end up hating this unfortunately…I’ll be expecting planes and helicopters and big open maps and it’ll be infantry based maps with a few APC’s and buggies here and there =[

11. M. K.

@10: You saw only a few seconds of one(!) multiplayer map and are already complaining? Even if it would end up like this, which I don’t think, it would be a great game if they improve controls!

12. Gekidami

Looks like they’ve lifted brutal melee from KZ3. Which is good, because after you’ve used it, standard melee in other FPS’ just looks lame and feels wrong.

13. Peetry

@10 clearly you’ve played BF before. They never include helicopters and planes, which is why I too will hate this game! Damn you DICE and your infantry only gameplay

14. DrDamn

Not surprising when DICE did the MP part of MoH is it?

15. DrDamn

So true – definitely no tanks either – despite them being shown. They aren’t in the game really.

16. Erthazus

@12, show again your knowledge of gaming which is zero as always. Games with these Melee combats existed before Guerrilla created them which look stupid without physX.

These melee combat moves they got from MIRRORS EDGE, but of course you don’t read blogs so…

Keep up with PS3 fanboyism. This game has nothing to do with overrated shooter on the PS3.

17. M. K.

Geki is a PS3 fanboi? I though OConnor was? xD

18. Fin

That’s true man, I remember the amount of times I stabbed someone in the face with a knife in Mirror’s Edge.

Oh.

Wait.

19. Erthazus

@18, it’ called different animation GENIUS.

20. Fin

Thanks! I don’t get called a genius too often :)
    You’ve made my day :)

21. Gekidami

Blah blah blah from the raging PC fanboy, as usual.

So yeah, they totally lifted the brutal melee from KZ3.

22. Erthazus

“Blah blah blah from the raging PC fanboy, as usual.
    So yeah, they totally lifted the brutal melee from KZ3″

With that attitude you should go see a doctor or play games on other systems seriously. Saying stuff like they lifted KZ3 melee brual kills is the same thing like saying that grenade in your hand in Crysis 2 feels odd. I’m sorry, but you know nothing.

So “haha” or “blah blah” you don’t even know who is fanboy here or what is the term “fanboy”.

23. Gekidami

^ lol You can cry all you want, it wont change the facts; Brutal Melee is from Killzone 3. Oh look! Now its in BF3! I wonder where they got that idea from?

24. Christopher Jack

Obviously those claiming that Battlefield has very few vehicles have never played 1943 or 2. I didn’t enjoy Bad Company 1 or 2.

25. DSB

The multiplayer looks just like BC2 with better lighting. Still, I’m looking forward to seeing the jets in action.

26. LOLshock94

actually the melee has been took off halo reach… last time i meleed someone i did an assassination so fuck you mother fuckers

27. xxJPRACERxx

“Brutal Melee”tm are from Killzone 3, but melee attacks like this existed before KZ3, like Erthazus said. Maybe you don’t like that fact but that’s the way it is.

28. reask

I f**king love brutal melee in kz3.
    So much I got the gold medal.

29. Fin

Maybe nobody gives a fuck who invented them.

30. freedoms_stain

Ok, having watched the clip 10 times I can’t see anything special about the solitary knife kill therein.

It looked pretty similar to a BC2 knife kill except the camera pans so you can see yourself getting knifed better. This is a revolution “lifted” from another game and worthy of a special title?

31. Len

Anyway, back to the genius of bf3.

It looks truly gobsmacking, I’m so excited it’s ridiculous. Don’t think I’ve been this excited about a game in years. And there was me thinking I was getting too jaded. Happy happy… :)

LOVELYVG247PPL: Can any of you ask what the specs were of the machine they played the sp tank demo were if you get a chance pls? I’d love to know (and then cry in comparison to mine)… ;)

32. polygem

just awesome

33. Aman27deep

Preordered this one a long time back :D