Fable: The Journey announced by Lionhead

Monday, 6th June 2011 18:26 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

The age of heroes is over. Albion’s end is coming. All that matters is the journey. And you will use Kinect on this journey as well. More to come.

The demo shown, saw a woman running, and a guy using his hands to fight some baddies using Kinect. You can also use hand gestures for magic.

No date just yet, but you can watch the demo of the game shown below, and check out some screenshots.

1. Blerk

Kinect only again? My “couldn’t give a shit” book is filling up fast.

2. minxamo

Fable on rails……………………………………………..

3. NeoSquall

the “woman” is Theresa, the seer present in every game in the series in a way or another.

btw, all this Kinect BS saddens me, they’re trying to hit the casual nail while it’s still hot…

4. xtigerz

It must be really sad for all you people that only have an xbox. Almost every game that MS is putting out is for kinect. If you want to play real games you all might have to jump to the PS3.

5. Zurtech

I can picture the brainstorming session now.

“How can we make people feel like they’re really part of the Fable world and really have an influence in an adventure game?”
    “I know lets make it an on rails shooter that’s only for Kinect!”

6. RockTwist

Thank the lord of games for Kingdoms of Amalur. Fable has turned into a gimmicky, bug filled mess.

@1 exactly my feelings. I half expected some games for gamers.

7. Prof.Dr.Moertel

biggest crap ever. You should really check out the fan rage on lionhead.com It´s hilarious :)

8. xtigerz

No person who calls them self a gamer would enjoy or buy this crappy game! Welcome to the future of xbox!

9. Gadzooks!

@xtigerz

Trolling loads of 360 threads, eh?

No matter, you’ll catch the banhammer soon enough. I’ll say goodbye in advance.

10. Gadzooks!

I love me some Fable, but can’t say I was particularly entheused by that.

I’m betting the big spells like the lighting arrow have to be specific spells at specific times and you know what that means? QTEs, basically. QTEs are the weakest crutch of game designers.

11. MissOblivion

@6 how is that game? I haven’t gotten the chance to play it yet.

I really don’t like the idea of Fable being strictly kinect. I prefer my controller even though I do have kinect. I don’t play many kinect games though. But of course when this one comes out, I will get it. I love all the Fable games. The Monty Python humor and how the choices are effecting things besides peoples’ feelings, and I like the weapons but Id rather have my choice of augment though. There’s alot of things to like and dislike but I do like that Peter’s evolving the game with time but still keeping it old fashioned.