Mon, Jun 06, 2011 | 13:25 BST
Call of Duty: Elite’s free features unveiled
Activision’s updated the official Call of Duty: Elite FAQ, explaining what will be offered free-of-charge to gamers by the service.
Here’s the full setlist of free features that will come with the service:
- Access Elite through the web as well as Elite’s free custom iOS and Android applications for smartphones and tablets
- Communicate any way you want across mobile, console and the web with your friends
- Track and share thousands of stats with friends – k/d ratios, score-per-minute, win % and loads more, all represented in easy to understand charts and infographics
- Create your own custom leaderboards to track friendly rivalries – who is moving up and down in your group of friends?
- Analyse advanced heat maps detailing your match-by-match performance – where you killed or got killed, when it happened, and more
- Analyse your weapons performance – which weapons you are best with in which situations
- Upload and share videos of your greatest moments through our exclusive theater mode with the touch of a button
- Customise your loadout – search through all the weapons, attachments and perks, and push them directly into the game menu from the web or your mobile device with the touch of a button
- Join dozens of groups and find other players with common interests to play with and compete against
- Create a Clan with players who share your interests and taste for competition
- Bring your Facebook friends right into the game, easily taking your existing network into the Call of Duty experience.
- Seamlessly be placed into Groups with those who share your affinities and interests based on your Facebook profile.
- Start tracking your Call of Duty career – everything you wanted to know about your performance across the franchise starting with Black Ops
They’ve also assured that more new free features will be added to the service as it continues to evolve.
Call of Duty: Elite, being made by Beachhead, was announced today that the open beta for the service will kick off on July 14.
The service is due to launch alongside the release of Modern Warfare 3 this November on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.