E3 rumour watch – Fable: The Journey and other domain names registered by Microsoft

Sunday, 5th June 2011 10:04 GMT By Debabrata Nath

Superannuation’s uncovered some new Microsoft-registered domain names, one for Fable and three for what look to be new Kinect games.

Fable: The Journey, Kinect Fun Labs, Dance Central 2 and Kinect Sports Season 2 have been registered by Microsoft.

While it’s impossible to know if the new Fable project will support Kinect, the fact Microsoft was supposed to include motion features in Fable III before backing off close to release means there’s more than a good chance.

All will be revealed tomorrow, when Microsoft holds its Press Conference. VG247 will be liveblogging every bit of it, so make sure you’re here.

1. someguy2

That’s strange because I’m pretty sure Harmonix said that they retain the full rights to the Dance Central IP because there was all the speculation that we may end up seeing it on PS3.

2. Tomo

Hmm. The Fable franchise really is being rinsed dry isn’t it? I can’t remember a Molyneux game which has quite had the same treatment.

3. Gekidami

^ He didnt work for Microsoft in till Fable. Either he’s become extremely unoriginal (which might be true, because the Fable games either way, are nothing special) or he’s just being told to churn this stuff out (which might be true, seeing as Kate & Milo which seemed like a project he was attached to got killed off by MS, probably because it wasnt Fable).

Either way, Microsoft doesnt really seem like the best publisher to be working for if you want to be known for your originality in the gaming scene or you just want to make new stuff.

I doubt MS will be rising their already low number of owned IP’s this E3.

4. Moonwalker1982

Seriously, if they don’t show any hardcore titles tomorrow, then fuck MS. It’s not that i’ll quit with 360 or whatsoever, but this would be messed up of them if they do this. Completely ignoring their faithful fans and also totally not making full use of the potential of Kinect. ANOTHER Sports and Dance game? Really?!!!!!!

If they have nothing on Rise of Nightmares or any hardcore title…pitiful and that means their conference will suck incredible.

5. Shonak

@4: Absolutely. I like my xbox but I sure as hell will flame them in the ground. And from what it looks like, the whole press conference will be even worse than last year. Give me Megaton, MS.

6. Erthazus

“hardcore titles tomorrow”

MS have hardcore titles?

I don’t remember any one except for forza 4 and Gears Of war franchises.

7. someguy2

I just want something fresh from MS that appeals to the hardcore. I don’t want a new Halo (I like Halo but I think it’s ran its time), I don’t want a new Fable, I want to see something new and different from them that can make me excited.

8. Shonak

They should announce Freelancer 2. And yes, obviously I’m dreaming.

9. GwynbleiddiuM

@8 If they do and it’s on PC with GFWL I’m gonna shoot myself. If they do it and it’s an XBL exclusive I might buy a new 360 since I’m still not over the fact my xbox got the red ring of death and since I’m in a remote location far far away I couldn’t do anything about but using it for target practice with my airgun…

10. N2O1990

They will show core titles
    just don’t worry…well I can’t tell

11. YoungZer0

@Shonak: Or you could just play Black Prophecy.

Anyway, the Fable Franchise is getting worse with every game. So i don’t expect anything good here.

12. bluffbluff03

I´m looking forward to Microsofts conference. I want some new Fable and Alan Wake stuff and et least a bid more (even casual) software for Kinect. But i am most exited about the little spark of hope named GTA 5!

13. Cozzy

They better unveil some good games otherwise I’m gonna be pissed!

14. pukem0n

Dance Central wouldnt sell on PS3. all those people already got Just Dance on the Wii, which would be the same game, seeing as move basically is the same as the Wiimote

15. Mike

I love the Fable franchise. And I’ve always reckoned the Kinect stuff that was held back from 3 would end up being a stand alone title. Still, not really excited about it.

However, I don’t see how this is rinsing the franchise.

16. Mike

I also think MS will bomb tomorrow. It’ll be media features and Kinect. That’s it. Maybe a cool XBLA title (which Geki forgets is basically the hub of original IP and creativity on 360 and leaves its competitors standing, IMO). But yeah, no MS owned AAA.

17. Shonak

@11: What’s Black Prophecy?

18. YoungZer0

@17: http://blackprophecy.com/

19. Mike

@11 Well, Fable 2 was arguably the best so…

20. YoungZer0

@19: Arguably.

21. DSB

I liked the first one better. The second one was just a mess of features obscuring the gameplay.

22. Erthazus

Fable 1 was good

Fable 2 was a mess

Fable 3 was a fixed second game.

23. N2O1990

@16(Mike)bomb?oh well,you will know that 15hours later :)
    and no game can called”AAA”before release

btw

Commercial
    Fable 3 – The Journey

just a DLC or something like