Polish retailers list Witcher II 360 ahead of CD Projekt pre-E3 event

Thursday, 2nd June 2011 16:05 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Polish retailers have started listing The Witcher II for Xbox 360, as CD Projekt gets set to have its pre-E3 press conference in just over four hours from now.

Two retailers have listed the game, including Ultima. They have it down for a November 15 launch. The other retailer, Gram.pl, is carrying the boxart of the game.

No PS3 version is listed for the RPG, which only released last month for PC.

It follows remarks apparently made by CDP’s Michael Kicinski on Polish TV, which supposedly confirmed a console version. Producer Tomasz Gop denied that “full-scale development” had begun, though.

CD Projekt is set to host a pre-E3 press conference later tonight that’ll be streamed online. First details on the company’s brand new project and Witcher II PC DLC and updates will most likely be mentioned, then. If an Witcher II 360 announcement is coming, it’s coming tonight.

We’ll have updates from the presser on the site from 8pm BST.

Via EG.

1. Stephany Nunneley

And 3pm EST just FYI

2. Hcw87

Would make more sense if they released Wither 1 aswell in some sort of compilation for consoles. People on consoles who never played TW1 for example, will have a harder time understanding it all.

3. Erthazus

I’m interested to see how it looks on the 360 :D

because even PC version is not optimized very well, but consoles is an absolutely different story.

4. Stephany Nunneley

@3 I still can’t get either my digital copy or physical copy to play. No matter what I do, the screen goes black, locks up my system and I have to manually turn it off – and I mean pull the cord from the wall. It only does it when I play W2, nothing else. So, I give up. Until everything is sorted,I am playing Morrowind again.

5. Dark

so at the end..they decide to screw ps3 owner -_-

6. DrDamn

Yes it’s much easier to optimise for a more fixed platform isn’t it? ;)

7. Mike

Buy a PC, buy a 360. Job done.

Everyone knows it’s far easier porting a PC title to 360. They’d have to do a huge overhaul in order to port to PS3. This has been the case with loads of games – and visa versa.

8. Erthazus

@5, let them finish a PC version first for F sake. :D
    PS3 is going to be missed because to make a port for PS3 is just pain in the ass and very hard to do for the studio that have PC dev kits (They can’t even fix a PC version).

@4, Steph, you need to download patch. It should fix all of this stupid nonsence.

@Mike, “Everyone knows it’s far easier porting a PC title to 360.”

If they actually familiar with the 360 dev kits, because maybe Xbox is using traditional multicore setup, it’s still is far from “easy”

but PS3… Well, it’s PS3 :D

9. Maximum Payne

@8 Well maybe the engine have console capability like lets say Cryengine 3 but they just made first PC and now they are ”making” console version.Because maybe level would be different or maybe even new one? Who knows maybe its Witcher:Rise of white Wolf…
    Same thing is for Serious Sam 3.They said they are making first PC because they are familiar with it and they don’t want unnecessary delay.

10. Moonwalker1982

November this year? Not happening.

I remember the CD Projekt folks saying a console version wasn’t in the making yet, it might have been in the planning. If it’s coming this november, it means 5 months develop time? That is waaaaay too short, don’t see it happening. Unless it’s been in the making for quite awhile now, that IS possible.

I’m almost sure they’ll reveal a deal with MS during their conference, a deal to get Witcher exclusive on 360.

11. TomisH

Polish online shops have been using console Witcher 2 box-placeholders for a long time now – that’s really nothing new ;)

12. Stephany Nunneley

@8 I did. It didn’t help. I’ll just continue to wait on the next one.