Rockstar Pass video shows off the new DLC initiative

Wednesday, 1st June 2011 17:30 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Rockstar has released a video for its Rockstar Pass initiative where players can pre-order DLC, and get access to all seven of L.A. Noire’s paid DLC.

The Rockstar Pass is available for a limited-time price of $10/800 Microsoft Points, which is a 50 percent discount compared to purchasing the DLC content individually.

Once purchased, the Rockstar Pass enables gamers to download all the announced DLC for free as it becomes available on PSN and XBL, which totals: four unique cases, two detective suits and a collectible challenge, each with Trophies and Achievements.

DLC now available includes:

• “Chicago Lightning” Detective Suit (Free via the Social Club)
  • “Chicago Piano” Machine Gun (Free)
  • L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass (£7.19 PSN / 800 MS Points until June 14)
  • “The Naked City” Vice Desk Case (£3.19 PSN / 320 MS Points)
  • “A Slip of The Tongue” Traffic Desk Case (£3.19 PSN / 320 MS Points)
  • The Badge Pursuit Challenge (£1.59 PSN / 160 MS Points)
  • “The Broderick” Detective Suit (£0.79 PSN / 80 MS Points)
  • “The Sharpshooter” Detective Suit (£0.79 PSN / 80 MS Points)

Available June 21

• “Nicholson Electroplating” Arson Desk Case (£3.19 PSN / 320 MS Points)

Available July 12

• “Reefer Madness” Vice Desk Case (£3.19 PSN / 320 MS Points)

Check out the video of Rockstar Pass.

1. Yoshi

So will this be £7.50 for UKers? Because that isn’t that bad for what your getting, as long as you like LA Noire of course :)

2. Moonwalker1982

So i pay 800 points and everything is free from there on?

Cause what i see here…it seems different.

3. Trash Man

@2 I don’t know if everything in the future will be free but the 2 future instalments of DLC that have been announced so far are included in the 800 points.

4. Phoenixblight

SO getting this once the PSN store comes up. Its well worth the priceplus I enjoyed LA Noire.

5. triggerhappy686

Any word on when psn store will be back?? I just hit traffic desk today and I really want my exclusive dlc :(

6. Blerk

Still clear as mud, I see. :-D

The sentiment seems good, but the execution has been…. lacking.

7. BillyShocker

Seems like a fair enough deal but I wish I hadn’t bothered pre-ordering from Game now in order to get the Naked City case and the Badge Pursuit Challenge. Lesson learned there I think!

Also there’s some strips of mock film negatives inside the box, it’s labelled Badge Pursuit Challenge. I assume it only came with the Game pre-order version of the game but haven’t seen how it links into the actual challenge due to the PS Store still being down. I guess it can’t be crucial to the challenge seeing as you obviously won’t get with this Pass? Can any Xboxers shed a light on the purpose of the negative strips?