Rumour – 360 Kinect 250Gb bundle to get $100 price-cut

Tuesday, 31st May 2011 07:01 GMT By Johnny Cullen

US retailer Target may have just outed an E3 surprise from Microsoft: a $100 price-cut on the 250Gb Xbox 360 Kinect bundle.

Target’s website is currently advertising the pack in its games section for $299.99. Clicking on it, however, still shows the $399.99 price-tag.

This comes just six days before Microsoft’s E3 press conference, where an official announcement will most likely be made.

VG247 will have live coverage of the conference from the USC Galen Center with Keza MacDonald and Nathan Grayson from Monday afternoon.

Thanks, CAG.

1. ultramega

If this is true, I may finally pick up a 360, even though there are only a couple games that interest me.

2. Asura

Price cutting is one weapon the big three bring to E3, wouldn’t surprise me if MS made this deal to get as many Xboxes with Kinect into as many living rooms as possible.

3. albo88

here we go i think this is kinda a message for new xbox coming soon

4. polygem

i still really don´t care. wouldn´t take it as a present tbh. “downgraded” again from slim back to elite because the old 360s are just way more sexy imo. i love 360. it´s my favorite console. ever was. ps3 is cool. so many great exclusives. had one as well for some years. but for me it´s the 360 that connects to my gaming needs the most. owning both is just not my style. i can´t resist games. i have to cut myself down sometimes to not forget about my many other hobbies. i prefer the xbox controller so much more. it´s the only console that makes fps a joy to play…for me. i respect people who prefer the dualshock. but kinect. who needs this. motion gaming, 3 d…this feels like the 80´s again. it´s just gimmicks. nothing to get excited about. what i want are great, deep game experiences – not standing in front of my telli doing yoga (a real yogi wouldn´t watch tv or use a home entertainment system anyway)…

5. e13

haha MS really sticking it to Sony during this last leg of the race.

If only Sony didn’t force a blueray palyer into the hardware. Sony could have been more agressive with the price.

6. Gama_888

@5 this is only going to make Sony think about the same thing though, im sure they could squeeze a bit more out of the move bundles aswell.

7. Blerk

A decent price cut wouldn’t surprise me given that the Wii’s just had the same. Sony should follow suit too, keep everything on a level(ish) pegging. Wonder how low MS could take the 4gb 360? Could they get it to £99 in the UK, I wonder?

@4, you really went back to an old-style 360 over a slim? :shock:

8. bakum4tsu

in portugal has already gone already 50/70eur down. You can see here

This has been since last week.and it will be until middle july.

9. OrbitMonkey

Goddamn it! I’m locking away my credit card! I DON’T NEED ANOTHER CONSOLE *repeats mantra over & over*

10. DaMan

Stop running from yourself. Join us.