Devil May Cry PS3 collection possibly set for E3 reveal

Tuesday, 31st May 2011 14:40 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

It looks as though a Devil May Cry collection could possibly be announced at E3 next week, if a source close to Gematsu (formerly ScrawlFX) is correct.

According to a person close to the matter, the HD collection will be in commemoration of the series’ 10th anniversary, which saw its first release back in 2001.

The source also teased another HD collection set for an announcement, but refused to be drawn in on what it was, only to say it will be a “dark, dirty, and dangerous collection.”

Possibilities on that last one could be endless, so we refuse to speculate. The rest of you feel free to, though.

E3 runs from June 6-9. Prepare yourselves accordingly.

1. StolenGlory

I can’t say that I feel strongly enough about this franchise for it to warrant a HD-redo.

Especially with the putrifying turd that is DMC2 being in the mix.

2. AHA-Lambda

cool, i’d get it…and then never touch dmc 2 ;)

3. Space jockey pilot

now this is awesome! defiantly a day 1 i would rather buy this than DMC any day :)!

4. Razor

@Space, can you please learn to spell and implement some basic grammar? Your posts are indecipherable half the time.

5. Space jockey pilot

@razor sorry I forgot this was school…..

6. Lounds

I loved the first game so much, it was very fun and original, I liked the exploration side, and the fighting, I felt it was a very balanced game. I honestly thought all the sequals were dog shit.

7. Stoopid_Snot

hhhmmmm nice :)
    hope ND come up with a Jak and Daxter collection next

8. The_Red

With original DMC and the DMC3 on the disk, this would actually be really tempting. Aside from Ico Collection, this is the only HD Col that interests me.

9. BloodyJoe

still waiting for the Final Fantasy X, X-2 and XII Classics HD bundle!

10. DaMan

The first one is a classic. I thought they ruined the game in the third entry by dropping the old DT where you turn into a demon.

I thought the second one should’ve never happened.

11. neon6

@3 An HD collection of the past games is DMC.

12. Space jockey pilot

i mean DMC the new one on PS3 and XBOX360

13. osric90

Devil May Cry HD Trilogy (yeah, even the second) and DMC cancellation would be the best news ever. What can the other one be…?

14. Espers

“dark, dirty, and dangerous collection.” <== resident evil

15. HighWindXIX

Did you say Metal Gear Solid HD Collection? No? Oh. Silent Hill? Final Fantasy? No and no? Wait. You said Devil May Cry? Oh, nevermind. No thank you.

16. YoungZer0

Milk that bitch, Capcom! MILK IT!

17. Clownbabyalbino666

Personally, I feel the third one is the best of the series.

18. Erthazus

17, third and the first.

19. strikkebil

cant believe ppl buy hd remakes:/

20. xino

exactly they have lots of money to spend and waste, many only care about the game having trophies.

I will be buying this collection because I only played DMC 4.

and the future time they would repeat this ultra hd remake and gamers will pay £40 again

21. OrbitMonkey

@19 & 20 Yes because buying remastered old favorites on new formats is bullshit right? Once the original platform is gone, all the games released on it should die to, yes?

Er no, your talking shite ;)

If Beethoven & The Beatles can have their work remastered & released on every new musical format known to man, I don’t see why dweebs get their knickers in a twist when the same is done for a game.

22. DaMan

Dmc3 had lame devil trigger, inferior bosses and cheaper difficulty in general.