Activison accepting beta applications for Call of Duty: Elite

Tuesday, 31st May 2011 14:58 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Activision has gone live with a beta sign-up page for Call of Duty: Elite.

To register, head on through the link here and check your platform of choice: Steam, PS3, and Xbox 360.

Elite will begin its closed beta test later this summer, and those who register will be notified by email if they have qualified to take part in it. The invite will contain a link and any further instructions.

With Elite, players will be able to find other Call of Duty player to connect with online and meet new players in the process.

It will contain tournaments and events designed for players of all skill levels and will hand out virtual and real-world prizes to those who are victorious.

The service will allow access to personal stats, exclusive strategy videos and detailed information on maps, weapons, “and more.”

Elite is a Call of Duty multiplayer service developed by Beachhead which upon launch will include free and subscription-based content with one unified account accross all CoD games from Black Ops forward.

No launch date or pricing details have been announced as of yet.

Check out our feature on the service here.

1. LOLshock94

where do i sign up?

2. Erthazus

Kid: Mom, I need money for the Call of Duty monthly service.
    Mom: Why would you have to pay more money to play a game you already bought?
    Kid: But I want to be in the cool kids group and have my stats and stuff.
    Mom: No. That’s ridiculous.
    Kid: But you spend all kinds of money on Farmville all the time!
    Mom: … … Ok fine. Just stop interrupting me while I’m working on my farm. (c) bg-dez at Kotaku

3. LOLshock94

……ok…..

4. Lehnsherr

The link for registration gives a 404 error from the website.

5. Stephany Nunneley

@4 Dunno why. It’s working fine on my end.

6. Maximum Payne

@4 BEcause you need password that yo get from email…

7. Lehnsherr

Weird, I get a 404 error on the CoD site, it shows the logo with “404 Page cannot be found” below it. It is a page they have created,and has a link to contact their support department. Nothing about entering a password or signing up.