Duke Nukem Forever’s Fully Loaded package includes a GTX 560

Monday, 30th May 2011 01:27 GMT By Brenna Hillier

The snazziest special edition of Duke Nukem Forever doesn’t just contain a few bits and bobs – oh no. It’s got a graphics card.

RipTen reports nVidia is offering a limited edition Duke Nukem-branded GeForce GTX 560 in the Duke’s Fully Loaded Package collector’s bundle.

The pack also offers a copy of Duke Nukem Forever; a radioactive-symbol belt buckle similar to that sported by the man himself; an art book spanning the series’ history; and a limited edition Duke Nukem mousepad.

The GTX 560 has a core clock speed of 810 Mhz, which is apparently a lot – possibly more than the modest Duke Nukem Forever actually requires.

Duke Nukem Forever releases on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in early June.

1. frostquake

Well, that is a way to guarantee the graphics card works with the game..include the graphics card with the game!

2. minxamo

I wonder how much that will cost..

3. hitnrun

No plastic bust of Duke = No sale.

4. djjoejoe

@hitnrun No plastic bust of Duke = definite sale. I hate plastic action figures included as collector edition bonuses… all I want is stuff like the cloth map and coin from the oblivion package, no more then that. The statue of the 4 dudes from Reach actually stopped me from getting the legendary edition, I don’t love a game enough to make space for a figure of the characters. Maybe when I was back in high school, but not these days. Give me shit I can hide in a drawer haha.

My pc could use a video card upgrade, my 9800GTX runs today’s games very well but it’s the anti-aliasing that kills it pretty quickly and a new current gen card would take care of that easily. If this package is decently priced I may think about it.

5. Zonejeu

It’s interesting, however I couldn’t find it sold anywhere so I guess we’ll have to wait before we see the price.

6. NeoSquall

@4 My Geralt of Rivia bust disapproves: -12

7. AHA-Lambda

you wont even need a card as good as that tho for this game =/

8. Erthazus

Except that GTX 560 is not a good card at all.

9. Lounds

@8 its not that its not a good card, its just not a good card for the money, heck you can get the older 480gtx for less than the 560 and its got 30% more performance lol

10. Dr.Ghettoblaster

I’m gonna guess $299.

11. TheWulf

I want to say I completely agree with you, because I do, I often find these to be of questionable quality. Plastic guns or plastic people, meh. However, if it wasn’t plastic I’d be more inclined, to be honest. If it was either die-cast or resin–like the more expensive stuff was–then I may go for it.

For me it’s a matter of quality and inclination. I’ve found a lot of collector’s editions lately to be complete crap and anyone buying them would be insane to do so. When you could just get a 3D print out for 10% of the price they’re asking, it invalidates the whole idea.

If Guild Wars 2 had a plastic figurine, I’d never bother. If they had an expensive resin figurine then I still wouldn’t be interested because the inclination wouldn’t be there. However, if they shipped with a resin figure of a charr, or a plush charr, then my willpower goes right out of the damn window.

I’ve actually only ever bought one collector’s edition before and that was the BioShock one. Why? That Big Daddy figurine was amazing and the quality really caught me off guard. I remember seeing a video of it online and I simply had to bag me one. I’m not inclined to have everyday humans sitting around on my shelves because have you any idea how boring humans are>? That’s the subconscious reason that most people don’t want human characters sitting around on their shelves.

I mean, have you ever seen action figures? If you put a lot of action figures together, eventually they start to look like creepy pod people because if they’re human then they all look the same. Even with figurines it’s hard to put in enough detail to differentiate one from another, so it’s actually really hard to make them look interesting.

now if you’re doing something like dragons, that’s another matter entirely.

Which is probably why I have so many dragon figurines.

But I’m rambling now – back on topic! Right, the point is is that even high quality humans I’d have no interest in. Humans are dull. I don’t want to put bloody humans up on my shelves to look at. I get to look at enough of the gormless buggers in day to day life. Why the hell would I want them on my shelves, too?

Though the BioShock thing was different, it was an exquisitely detailed, high quality Big Daddy. That’s something out of the ordinary. See, that’s something I could display in my figurine collection and have nothing else that looks quite like it, and that’s what I value.

If Guild Wars 2 came with a plastic charr… meh. Resin charr? SOLD! That’s going in my figurine collection.

Perhaps being a figurine collector for many years has just given me an eye for quality and for what makes an interesting ornament, and believe me when I say that I have a large amount of figurines, each one of them is top of the line quality-wise, and each one of them looks incredibly different from the last. Brilliantly crafted and unique. They’re a joy to peruse.

If I’d ever buy a collector’s edition for a character, then the character in question would have to fit the fields of diversity and quality that I hold the rest of my collection up to. If that doesn’t happen then I agree with you – just give me a cloth map and I’m done, if that, but even then I’d probably just go with the normal version of the game since paying so much extra for a poorly done cloth map just isn’t that appealing to me.

I suppose this is why collector’s editions can’t work their magic on me, I already have a very high standard for quality and most of them just don’t meet it.

Most collector’s editions amount to so much poorly produced junk.

That’s not to say I’ll never buy another collector’s edition, but the quality has to be there, and the diversity has to be there.

12. Crab of Thunder

Lol this is the only special edition I would ever consider, even then I still don’t want it. I mean, this stuff is good and can actually be used, a graphics card and a mouse pad etc. Whereas the usual stuff like art books and figurines, I have absolutely no love for and really do make you look like a super-nerd sometimes, no offence intended :).