Watch 20-minutes of Dead Island gameplay footage

Saturday, 28th May 2011 20:50 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

PixelEnemy has posted a 20-minute gameplay video on its YouTube Channel for Dead Island. A limited edition listing recently popped up on GAME.fr, showing off some interesting boxart. Likely, this won’t be the same in the US as the ESRB doesn’t like the idea of a hanging silhouette. The Techland zombie actioner is out later this year on PC, PS3, and Xbox 360. Thanks, EvilAvatar.

1. ExOAte

actually, this is the walkthrough they’ve posted before but without the commentary from the developers =)

2. Edo

Even the normal people look like zombies,but I don’t think that they were trying to achieve that…

3. Maximum Payne

I found on forum that you can disable HUD like XP,health zombie and more.
    There will be also side quest that you find about family which were in that CG trailer.

4. Gigabomber

Yeah, we saw this before.

5. Bloodyghost

Actually there is more….after the 15 min mark is new material.

6. Bloodyghost

Yeah just checked via the GT one. The GT one is a documentary and jumps from parts and is 10 mins long while this is twice the length. There are some things that we have seen but this is probably the unedited game play footage of the video.

7. Just-Joe

Kind of makes me want to play Left 4 Dead.

8. Telepathic.Geometry

This looks like what I was hoping Dead Rising 2 was gonna be. I’m interested.

9. Christopher Jack

Amazing, this car has the steering wheel on the left side, just like the rest of the world.

10. GwynbleiddiuM

can’t say I’m really impressed with the game but it has some cool stuff going on so I’m a bit interested. Considering Resident Evil series are dead to me. The lack of descent zombie game makes me wanna play old RE games with PSX and Dolphin emus again and/or go back to Left 4 Dead.

11. AHA-Lambda

it still looks really boring =/

12. DSB

The visuals are definitely all wrong, but I love the sheer morbidity they’ve put into the zombies and the way they’re killed. That kinda takes me back to the days around the original Soldier of Fortune.

I’m not gonna write it off before I see the initial impressions.

13. Hybridpsycho

Why’s this bitch walkin around with high-heels during the zombie-apocalypse? I ain’t wanna play no dumb bitch :(

*wiggah style*

14. DSB

Hey, you never know when you’re going to run into a rich old reanimated corpse.

I don’t know about you guys, but I’m planning to look my best for the zombie apocalypse. Fuck Bear Grylls. If we let ourselves go, the zombies win!

15. polygem

i really can´t see myself playing a game like this for more than 2 hours…

16. Maximum Payne

@15 Well there are main quests and side quests + free roam and coop…