L.A. Noire DLC and Rockstar Pass details coming next week

Friday, 27th May 2011 18:35 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Rockstar has announced that next week, more information regarding the release of the retail exclusive pre-order cases and content, along with details on new cases for L.A. Noire along with information pertaining to the mysterious Rockstar Pass will be revealed. Yeah, it’s an “announcement of an announcement”, but it should give you something to look forward to, at least.

1. Suikoden Fan

i didnt like the game as much as i hoped, theres was a plot twist that came out of nowhere which spoiled the game for me

2. Stephany Nunneley

I have yet to play it. I keep being badgered about doing so, though.

3. AbracadaverAK

It wouldn’t be much of a twist if you saw it coming, would it? Also, I have no idea what twist you’re referring to; easily the best storytelling I’ve ever experienced in a game.

I’m interested to hear what they say about this Rockstar pass, as I’ll feel a little short-changed if all the pre-order DLC has to be paid for separately. No idea how they’ll do it without codes in a box though, maybe something to do with the social club stuff?

4. Suikoden Fan

@3 umm i wont say the twist here but the twist made no fucking sense it came out of nowhere, theres was story missing at that point or beforehand to lead up to it

5. AbracadaverAK

I don’t even recall a twist, at least in the traditional “film” sense anyway. There were a lot of moments where different strands of the story came together, but that was it. Are you sure you didn’t just miss something?

Actually, I might know what you’re referring to. If it is, it was vaguely hinted at quite a bit earlier with a (very) short cut-scene.

6. Suikoden Fan

@5 i’ll say this much the twist at the end of vice, there was no backstory to explain why that happened or any story afterward to explain why ‘he’ did it

7. AbracadaverAK

Yep, that’s the one I was thinking of. There was a short cut-scene (possibly two), that hinted towards it earlier on. I think your partner hinted at something at one point to, so it didn’t come out of nowhere.

8. AHA-Lambda

any info yet on the ps3 exclusive dlc for EU players?

9. Suikoden Fan

@7 what a cutscene that shows him going to a bar is good enough to let players know THATS going to happen, dont make me laugh, there was serious back-story lacking there and it showed. and there was no hint that he was going to do that at all, if anything he sugested the completely opposite when his partner berrated him before it happened

10. rdrcheats

LA Noire is gonna hit. But will it beat Red Dead Redemption PC

11. polygem

hmmm rockstar games. it´s always a mixed bag imo. gta IV and rdr are good games and technically they are impressive, they are also kind of funny…but in the end i must say none of their games is among my most memorable gaming moments. i couldn´t really connect to the stories/ charakters. AGAIN: i´m not saying these are bad games. not at all. i enjoyed them. but after playing i forget them. there are so much more games that really sucked me in…i haven´t played la noire yet. i sure will when i find some time. it really looks and sounds promising…

12. NeoSquall

Steph the second link is messed up. Perhaps you wanted to put this.

Also, comment #10 is suspicious.

13. ManuOtaku

Iam right now on mission 8 The golden butterfly with 13 of the 40 missions, and if i dare to say, it is a great game, i find the interrogation aspects really good, all the crimes are great with great development i like it a lot,waiting for the DLC, i expend all sunday playing this game taking my time to enjoy this masterpiece, this game should not be played rushed, is like eating cake, i ate it slowly tasting all the flavors.
    P.S Great game and a GOTY contender for sure in my book.