CD Projekt RED to live-stream “incredible news” June 2

Friday, 27th May 2011 18:05 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

CD Projekt RED and GOG are going to reveal some big news just before E3 at their “CDP Summer Days” live from Los Angeles event.

The announcements will be made on June 2 at 12:00 PST/ 3:00pm EST/7.00pm GMT via Ustream live stream.

CD Projekt RED will be making “a big announcement” about their next upcoming title, and will also have some other exciting things to share during the livecast.

The firm will also be discussing some of the successes of The Witcher 2, and will also “map out a plan for continued support for the new title.”

GOG has already teased that during the CDP Days 2011 Spring Conference it will reveal a new deal with “one of five big publishers still not signed with them: Microsoft, Lucas Arts, Electronic Arts, Square Enix or Take 2.”

Looks like come June 2, everything will be out in the open and the publisher as well as the first title out of the batch of 25 will be revealed.

You’ll be able to watch live come next week through the link up top.

1. Erthazus

I hope these “incredible news” will be an announcement of a new title. Not just a port =\

About publishers: I sure hope it’s not Microsoft. Because then i can say goodbye to future CD Projekt games on my PC.

CD Projekt, don’t even think about Microsoft i beg you.

2. Maximum Payne

They said something not related to Witcher IP I think ? And someone said FPS called They ?

3. Quasar

lucas arts rofl

4. BULArmy

The only cool thing that they can do with LucasArts is a new Jedi Knight with The Withcer 2 engine. Also no MS or Square, this can’t turn out well.

5. Erthazus

Square Enix as a publisher is not bad. ANYTHING but Microsoft is good.

6. DSB

How is adding more publishers to GOG a bad thing?

In terms of Microsoft, Fable, Age of Empires or Freelancer sounds good to me.

7. macronia

Square Enix or Lucas Arts i think , cuz others simply
    1- Force CD project for exclusive games out of PC
    (yes,i am taking about Microsoft)
    2- Make the game more suitable for consoles more than PC
    (yes,i am taking about EA)
    3- Make games for consoles then port it to PC
    (yes,i am taking about Take 2 especially or EA or Micro)

I believe Square Enix or Lucas Arts will understand how CD project like to do they work and how to satisfy PC gamers

8. Bloodyghost

Would SERIOUSLY be surprised if it wasnt MS. I know almost 100 percent that its going to be MS.

If not then I am lost.

I cant see CD being with ANY of these publishers and after so many teases and rumors its going to be a console game.

But just from who.

If its EA, then its Partners.
    It cant be Square
    It cant be LucasArts unless its a CRAZY project
    It cant be Take 2

9. BULArmy

@8 the only said that console ppl can look forward, they never said it will be a console game. I think it will be multiplat with consoles, to be ports of the PC version.

10. Bloodyghost

@9 Well if its an MS project then, yeah but I think a console project means a lot more especially since this is a developer who is a strong PC developer.

11. IL DUCE

Well, I’m pretty sure they have the announcement of a new IP as well as the reveal of Witcher 2 coming to X Box 360…so I can’t wait for that.

12. Moonwalker1982

What’s this nonsense about anything but Microsoft? I actually HOPE it’s a deal with them, so we will be getting those awesome games like The Witcher I and II on 360 as well, plus the devs won’t have to port it over to another console.

And if that deal with MS turns out to be true,no doubt it’s gonna be TWII coming to 360.