CD Projekt showing “brand-new project,” rumored Witcher game at E3

Tuesday, 24th May 2011 18:42 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

CD Projekt RED has said it is to announce a new project at E3 this year.

According to email invites sent out, a presentation will be given which will last around 30-45 minutes and will provide ” key facts and a live gameplay demo.”

The firm has confirmed to Eurogamer that it is not The Witcher 2 for consoles, nor is it an expansion pack for the game either.

However, a while ago Eurogamer UK posted word that a Witcher game will be announced as well which may be of interest to the console crowd.

“I can’t say anything obviously for gazillions of reasons but it is a Witcher game, and I can say that console gamers might be interested in it,” explained Witcher 2 senior producer Tomasz Gop.

We sent a mail for a bit of clarification on this, and came away more confused than originally.

According to a PR representative speaking for the firm speaking to VG247: “The Eurogamer.cz story was a bit of a misunderstanding. We aren’t really commenting on what the project is, beyond to say that it’s a game.

“CD Projekt RED will be showing off a new project at the show, and we can’t confirm nor deny any rumors about what it is.”

So, once again, hurry the hell up E3.

1. Erthazus

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH :D

WITCHER 2 is a masterpiece. Just finished and going to play second time.

I’m going to be so excited if this is going to be Witcher 3 :D

2. Anders

Productive people over there. Bring it on!

3. Night Hunter

Please, E³, hurry up …

4. Edo

Just when I thought that E3 could not get any better!

5. macronia

will that presentation be in M$ or sony or ea or what ?

6. Erthazus

@5, it’s own little presentation for 40 minutes.

7. daytripper

wasnt there a rumour they were a developing a mmo?

8. Hybridpsycho

@7 let’s hope not

9. deadstoned

I’m looking forward to it ^^

10. BULArmy

I bet 100$ it will be this :D

11. Moonwalker1982

It’s definitely a Witcher game, and they might have good news for console gamers. Source :

12. YoungZer0

I’m excited. Hope it’s not Witcher 2 for consoles though. Just bought a new graphic card.

13. Bloodyghost

BAM! Who fucking said it! Its not going to be Witcher 2 but might be either spinoff or the project CDProject was working on before for the consoles.

Extra Points for me if its a Xbox Exclusive. I just have a slight hunch.

Also @1 remembers when I said so. God I am good.

14. YoungZer0

“Extra Points for me if its a Xbox Exclusive.” There is so much wrong with this comment.

15. Stephany Nunneley

@11 Who knows? It gets more confusing by the effing second. See updated post. I had to speak to someone myself on the matter.

16. Bloodyghost

@14 I just have a hunch sir. I know it might not since a exclusive ran by MS wouldnt allow CD to keep persisting and hinting at a console title.

Also I get points for being right. Cant we agree this is so far fetched that I get some extra loving if it is?

17. Moonwalker1982

@ 15

It’s definitely getting confusing, but E3 won’t be long anymore now..we’ll know by then :)

Anyway, this is on the ESRB site

PC and 360?

18. Michael Hoss

To say it in dukes words:

Holy Cow!

19. rrw

#17 inb4 Erthazus rage

20. Blerk

Give me console Witcher noooooooooow!

Please.

21. Bloodyghost

I got it ALL TOGETHER NOW!

Going to the MS pics showing what they are going to show off, They will show off a Witcher project for Xbox BASING THIS OFF @17

And the Ax is Kingdoms.

22. Telepathic.Geometry

Could it be The Witcher 1?

23. Bloodyghost

@22 I could be that one Witcher Project that was supposed to come out for the PS3 and Xbox, since that was never really cancelled.