Sun, May 22, 2011 | 16:45 BST
Saturday Shorts: Kain, SR3, LBP2, Zelda timeline, Vaz
Loads of stuff out of Japan today, and loads of stuff regarding Sony as well. However, there was more stuff. Get that stuff in short-form after the break, and stuff.
- A really cool LBP2 level has been made in homage to Silent Hill 3.
- PC Gamer has a small preview of Saints Row: The Third.
- Keith Vaz wants folks to drop their joysticks (snigger) and go outside and play. He also wants “carefully controlled” games sales to those under 18.
- UK has won a partner deal with gamescom, and it is good.
- A survey has popped up asking about titles to a possible new Legacy of Kain game. We hope like hell it pans out.
- Check out this trailer of NASCAR: The Game 2011 for Wii. It’s at the Charlotte Motor Speedway in NC.
- The Learning Company is suing Zynga over Oregon Trail missions in FrontierVille.
- The Zelda series has a secret timeline. If you knew what it was, Nintendo would have to kill you. Or make you hang out with Navi. Peaches, pears and all that.
- Kid Icarus’ music is being handled by a composer who worked on Smash Bros. X.
- Microsoft has shuttered Pioneer Studios which made gadgets like the Courier.
- IndieGames as a beta preview of World of the Living Dead. Sign up for the beta here.
- By November, you should be able to buy stock in PopCap if you can afford it.
- Gameloft CEO Alexandre de Rochefort believes something is wrong when a company like Zynga is worth $10 billion. Like PopCap, it may go public soon as well.