Uncharted NGP to “most likely” feature Uncharted 3 interaction

Friday, 20th May 2011 08:31 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Naughty Dog co-president Christophe Balestra has said that there’ll be “most likely” interaction between Uncharted 3 and Uncharted NGP.

Balestra told GamesBlog.fr that the title will have a different pacing than its console brothers due to it being a handheld offering, which has led to developer Sony Bend to have more exploration bits than gunfights in the game, enabling you to play in short bursts.

In terms of story, this is where it gets confusing. Eurogamer says it takes place between Drake’s Fortune and Among Thieves, and is seen as a “parallel” story.

But Balestra has backtracked on his previous comments, saying that it takes place before Uncharted 1.

Expect more from Uncharted NGP from E3 in two weeks. Uncharted 3 releases on November 1 in the US for PS3.

1. Gekidami

He says on that GamesBlog.fr video that its indeed between the first & second.

Oh and he doesnt confirm that the game will have more exploration and less gunfights, he just uses it as an example of what MIGHT be a more acceptable pace for a handheld experience.

Honestly, it sounds like he isnt to aware of whats going on with the NGP game.

2. Razor

Probably because he isn’t aware of what’s going on.

A lot of distance between Bend and Santa Monica :)

3. Lounds

Either way as long as its the same game engine it will sell.

4. mojo

i would lke to see more exploration and less gunfights even in the ps3 iterations.

2: Naughty Dog u mean.

5. tenthousandgothsonacid

@4 Sony Bend are making the NGP game

Naughty Dog live in Santa Monica

6. Robbins

they’re going to make it more portable friendly to play it in fast bursts, but I wonder if there could be cross platform multiplayer, but more likely it’s going to be transferring the Uncharted money and exclusive skins

7. 2plus2equals5

Damn, why can’t we have some leaks of ngp games before e3? :(

8. PS3Dreamer

I can’t wait for NGP, I only wish one thing, that it acts like a PS3, what I mean is if I play COD MW3 on NGP when I’m away from home and playing online on my NGP, and time I spend ranking up and earning trophies, my progress will be on my PS3 when I log on @ home. THATS ALL (LOL)

9. Lounds

NGP will be hyped to hell at E3, more gameplay video’s to be expected.

10. Christopher Jack

If Sony can deliver enough hype @ E3, the NGP has a great chance of having a successful launch, it all depends on price & hype.