Quick Quotes: L.A. Noire “appeals to a really broad church,” says Team Bondi

Friday, 20th May 2011 22:07 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

“We think [L.A. Noire] appeals to a really broad church, and one of the phenomenons we’ve seen a lot when we watch people play the game is that they’ll play it, or their wife or their girlfriend will play it, and two or three people will play it together like they’re watching TV. Three people can be entertained playing the same game and that’s a bit of a phenomenon. So far it’s been very appealing to women too, which is great. I think women are pretty good at reading whether people are lying or not.” – Team Bondi’s Brendan McNamara. (via Gamespot, Gamerzines.)

1. Espers

american churches are a joke, they’re just businesses nothing more. who does even go to an american church, how can a butcher be a priest. Idiocracy

2. frostquake

This game is Banned in South Churches..if that is what they are talking about…What the heck does he mean by CHURCH?? The game has FULL frontal nudity, from top to bottom..so NO Church in the USA will go for it…if that is what they mean!

I SUCK at telling if someone is lying..I always get 0/3 right..big Fat Zero!!

This game is EXTREMELY Slow..just like a real life homicide case. Some of my friends who bought it, thought it would be like a Fast Pace GTA..WRONG!!

3. Phoenixblight

Apparently we have two people that didn’t actually read the article it has nothing to do with church or religion. Church = audience. LRN2Read

@frostquake

People should have watched the 15 min intro before thinking Rockstar just pushes out GTA type games.

4. frostquake

LOL

Church=Cringing

5. Len

Lol@1&2 as well.

My missus watched for all of ooh 20 secs (not bad for her), said that the music was nice and moved on…does that count…? ;)

6. ekfight

Dont really get the church part, but women invented lying – so yeah it makes sense.
    My gf once saw me aim down the sights on modern warfare 2, in passing she says “oh, i havent seen it look like that before..”
    I actually didnt know what to say

7. TVs Everywhere

Agreed. LOL at the people who just read the word “church” and went like monkeys to the comments going RABBLE RABBLE CHURCH BE BAD

8. Gigabomber

Well I guess I’m not a member because I’m just not feeling this game: it’s too rigid. Make a movie next time.

9. Golden

Ok, so I am a pretty experienced mental health nurse and I boarderline suck at reading these guys expressions, my wife is better than I am.

Thank random deity my job requires more than just reponding to people in 3 ways.

Nonethess what a super fantastic game. I am loving it, possibly one of the best games I have ever played since I started on the C16

10. Phoenixblight

You had plenty of opportunistic find about the game you choose to buy it without looking. That is completely your fault.

11. Mike

BUY OUR GAME! BUY IT! EVERYONE LIKES IT! SO BUY IT! BUY IT! BUY IT!!!!

Every, fucking, day.

12. Phoenixblight

U mad?

Could just ignore the posts about LA Noire. They do this with every game they release.

13. Mike

Yeah, I know. It’s just getting a bit tired. And I feel like moaning about it.

No criticism of the site, or the game.

14. Old MacDonald

The facial expression-bit is pretty crappy. Feels totally random.

Otherwise, a fairly good game. The reason it’s fun to watch is that it plays a bit like a good old adventure game. That’s an extremely “social” genre, even though almost all adventure games are single player affairs. Virtually every adventure game ever made is more fun to play if you’re more than one person in front of the computer or TV.