Mortal Kombat Legacy Episode 5 continues Kitana and Mileena’s story

Thursday, 19th May 2011 13:45 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Episode 5 of the Mortal Kombat Legacy series was released on May 16, and it’s part two of Mileena and Kitana’s story.

In it, Shao Kahn is using the girls to “destroy all who threaten his rule,” and upon meeting King Jerrod the truth about their parents is revealed. Thus, Kitana’s revenge against Shao Kahn is plotted.

Raiden also debuts in it.

Watch it below courtesy of Machinima.

1. The_Red

Episode 6 was released a couple of days ago. Isn’t it a little bit later for Ep 5 :)
    Still, this is my least favorite episode so far (love the Kitana / Sindel / Mileena story but this doesn’t feel right). The Cage one was WTF! Raiden (6) is kinda fun and rather different / crazy.

2. Gurdil

@1 You liked #6?!? oO
    The only reason I keep on watching these is ’cause I sometimes get bored at work but let’s be honest: this is really not good. I liked episode 4 since the animation part was kinda well done (only kinda though) but the reste of the series is just meh at best!
    Plus, the other episodes tried and be true to the story you play in MK9 but what was this psychiatric hospital bullshit about Raiden? Didn’t see any interest in it.

3. The_Red

That’s the reason I liked part 4. I found it to be really fun. Episode 4 tried to stay close to MK story and due to the budget limitations failed. They did their best but original backstory doesn’t really suit the new gritty feel.

Plus episode 6 felt closer to the original Rebirth trailer which I loved.

4. Gurdil

@3 I guess I get your point. I liked Rebirth too cause I thought it was cool to look at the MK story in another way. But the fact that episode 6 is part of this series which tries to stay true to MK9 kills it. It would have been better as a standalone I guess… I mean it’s not a baaad episode (even though it’s not genius either lol), it just doesn’t fit in IMO

5. The_Red

True. It’s kinda odd compared to the previous ones. I guess after reading the director’s notes at the beginning of Ep 6 I was expecting something way crazier and thus it seemed fine. I still liked it though, specially the part were Raiden is recharged by tasers!
    The biggest problem with the whole thing is that they’re trapped between MK’s fantastical elements and gritty feel of Rebirth. Hopefully they’ll return to that series and go all alternative realm (And then Outworld will merge them!).