Bulletstorm’s Gun Sonata DLC released for PC

Thursday, 19th May 2011 20:33 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Epic and People Can Fly have released the Gun Sonata DLC for Bulletstorm on PC, which has been available for around a month on consoles.

The DLC will run you $9.99 and includes three maps for Anarchy mode as well as two Echo mode maps.

Bulletstorm was given a patch earlier in the week to address a few issues.

Thanks, Shack.

1. deadstoned

This game would sell more on PC if it didn’t use broken GFWL. Even on the demo GFWL asks for a CD-key and crashed multiple times. *sigh

2. Phoenixblight

I have played the game extensively and never had crashing and kinda like that I can bullshit with friends through XBL while playing it.

3. deadstoned

Lucky you. I heard the games good, but downloaded the demo tried it, GFWL asked for a CD key on the demo and the game and GFWL crash 3 times before I could get it start. Always crashed when the top bar of GFWL appears.

4. YoungZer0

@3: Sounds like GFWL alright.

5. OwningXylophone

I really don’t get the GFWL hate, I must have about 10 games that use it and it’s never crashed on me once, Bulletstorm included.

6. Ali Mofadal

i have dawn of war 2 and GFWL made me hate the game, sometimes the game crashes on launch because of GFWL and most of the game crashes are because of GFWL. i am glad that the new expansion doesn’t use GFWL

7. deadstoned

Some seriously lucky guys. I’ve got Dawn of 2 + expansion, Batman: AA, Gears of War, GTA 4 + expansion, Fallout 3 and Dirt 2 all on live. Dawn of War were both ok on it with few crashes, but still update problems. Fallout 3 and Batman AA both have lost saves thanks to it. DLC bought for Fallout 3 goodbye 30+ hours of saves. Batman AA switch between online to offline mode, goodbye saves. GTA 4 crashes and login problems. Gears of War, possibly the buggiest experience I’ve ever had with a game, got it in 2007/2008. The game and gfwl misbehaved so badly with no sound during cutscenes, crashes galore and login problems. I gave up at the charger section due to too many crashes and haven’t gone back. Dirt 2 was my latest experience, it came free with graphics card with Steam code. Had trouble with the code working for ages, then I had update and login problems. Yeah so for me GFWL games are now bargain <£5 buys only, they're too much aggravation. I spend more time on forums trying to fix and re-install than playing.

8. Old MacDonald

I don’t get why they keep delaying the PC-versions of these DLC things. Not that I’m personally that interested in them, but … well, I’ve uninstalled Bulletstorm now. This is just an example, I uninstall most games after I’m done playing them unless there’s a particular reason not to. So if I’m ever going to buy DLC, they’d better release it while I’ve still got the game on my system, because now that Bulletstorm is uninstalled it’s basically ancient history as far as my gaming life is concerned, and I’m not about to install it again to play some DLC.

9. Hakkiz

GFWL haven’t crashed on my system with full games but the Bulletstorm demo is a rather broken one. I’m quite sure the CD key thingy wasn’t supposed to act like that.

@Old MacDonald: True that.