LA Noire originally six discs on 360, says Team Bondi

Tuesday, 17th May 2011 14:19 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Team Bondi boss Brendan McNamara has said that LA Noire was originally going to feature more than three discs on Xbox 360.

Speaking to GameSpot, McNamara said that the number of discs was going to be at six unless it was massively compressed.

“We’ve always been called stupidly ambitious,” he said. “Along with Rockstar, we make very big games.

“It took a lot of effort to get down to three discs – I think we were on four or five or six at one point – and to get it onto one Blu-ray [for PS3]. We’re pretty pleased that we got it down to that in the end.”

McNamara continued: “It’s the biggest map that we’ve done and that Rockstar have done, so there’s a lot of detail in there, and also a lot of actor’s performances, 21 hours worth.”

Rockstar confirmed a couple of weeks ago the 360 version would contain three discs in the game, with one Blu-ray for PS3. The publisher said that you’ll only need to swap discs twice through the game during “natural breaks” in its story.

LA Noire launches today in the US. It releases here in the UK on Friday for PS3 and 360. Get a reviews round-up for it here.

1. Razor

Makes you wonder about GTA V.

2. Blerk

GTA tends not to be as cutscene/dialogue-heavy as L.A. Noire appears to be, so I doubt we’ll see more than one or two discs for that. They squished an astonishing amount of content onto the GTA IV disc.

3. TheWulf

They’re making me really want this.

An intelligent Rockstar game? And noir? My love for film noir is no small consideration. I just wish they’d release it for the PC, but apparently since they can no longer code competently, they’ve given up on their chances for putting together a proper port.

I wish they’d work with the people whom EIDOS are working with for Human Revolution, those guys have a chain of amazingly well done ports under their belt. Instead of forgetting the PC, Rockstar, how about just letting competent coders handle your port?

4. Phoenixblight

Rockstar has always put out a PC version of their game, you will probably have to wait 8 months to a year until its released just like GTA IV.

5. Blerk

Red Dead seems to have broken that trend, unfortunately.

6. Phoenixblight

Aw damn I knew I was forgetting a title that didn’t go to PC. Still majority of their games has been on PC so you can twiddle your thumbs until Rockstar announces a PC version or they announce there is no PC version being made. I’d rather just play it on the console now then waiting a year for an announcement.

7. ManuOtaku

Hey the dude from the pic, looks a lot like adrain broddy, he did play a role on this one?

8. Gekidami

Thats Patrick Fischler.

9. ManuOtaku

#8 oh …. thanks my mistake then……

10. xxJPRACERxx

11. Len

Wasn’t the pc version of gta iv properly knackered though for ages…? I’m sure I remember reading about loads of issues…

12. Gekidami

^ Yep.

13. BloodyJoe

Can’t wait for when I get this game!

14. Mike

I wonder what the devs ate for breakfast?

15. M. K.

`#10xxJPRACERxx
    17/05/11, 5:39 pm
    GTA is made by R* North, RDR by R* San Diego. Can be a reason why RDR is not on PC.`

Think for yourself how good the chances for la noire on pc are, which is made by team bondi.