Dead Island trailer features first in-game footage – see it now

Tuesday, 17th May 2011 15:01 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Deep Silver’s just launched the first in-game teaser for Dead Island. The clip is more of a postcards on holiday affair this time round from the island resort of Banoi. It’s the taste for the main trailer at E3, apparently. And no, it’s not a sad soppy affair like last time. Watch the video below the break. The Techland zombie thriller is out later this year for PS3, 360 and PC.

1. Phoenixblight

Damn that tune, pulls on my heart strings. Still not much to go off of.

2. Petulant Radish

@1 It just makes me think of Lost, which is probably what they want in fairness, not that that is a bad thing as the way it is being marketed at present fits.

3. onlineatron

I wish they’d stop using these sweepingly melodic tunes in the trailers. I guarantee the actual product will not elicit an emotional response at all… It feels so cheap, forced.

4. YoungZer0

I really hope this game delivers. We really need a Zombie game that defines the genre.

5. Blerk

Well, they’re certainly good at making trailers!

Unfortunately I have the nasty feeling that the game’s going to be complete crap. :-D

6. Phoenixblight

“Also, I thought Deep Silver got told to remove the ‘zombie hanging from a tree’ logo image?”

Only for the box art not for it entirely.

7. YoungZer0

@5: As far as i know, Deep Silver was responsible for the first Trailer.

8. Maximum Payne

Graphic look great but why they hiding gameplay with those music its like kinect game.Its game out this or next year?

9. Gigabomber

OMG what a tease. Cullen, please change title to “features about 3 seconds of in game footage” so we don’t rise up as one and slay you; I’ve been dying for a chunk of gameplay.

10. Telepathic.Geometry

I wish we could see a few gaming set-pieces. It’s not like we’re all naive n00bs, easily swayed by fancy cinematic trailers. Saying that, the setting looks a bit interesting, so I HAVE gone from zero interest to some interest.

11. Gekidami

So, this game is trying to be dead serious (no pun intended), then? Because i kept expecting the sad music to stop and the trailer to cut to footage of zombie heads getting smashed in with some heavy metal playing. But nope.

12. DEADEYES

where are “footage”, “ingame”? You’re a liar! =))

13. Johnny Cullen

Well, it is in-game footage, NOT gamePLAY footage. ;)

14. Nozz

Looks cool, bastards know how to tease!

15. Mike

I’m with Blerk. The worst thing they could’ve done is put out that first trailer. People will be looking for the gameplay to somehow match the emotion and feelings that it stirred.

It won’t.

7/10 at best across the board, imo.

16. HauntaVirus

^Agreed

17. NightCrawler1970

Shiiiiit, it gonna be a HUGE frickin map, to wandering around, bashing Zombies around you.. i bet the same map like GTA 4, on foot from 1 island to another will takes 4ever…. i bet the Blue-ray Disk will be maxed out of data… hopefully co-op split screen will be available…