Assassin’s Creed: Revelations one of Ubisoft’s largest teams ever

Tuesday, 17th May 2011 00:24 GMT By Brenna Hillier

The Assassin’s Creed: Revelations team is reported to be one of the largest Ubisoft has ever fielded.

Assassin's Creed: Revelations

Creative director Alexandre Amancio told Game Informer that Ubi has enlisted its Annecy, Singapore, Quebec City, Bucharest and Massive studios to assist a 200 strong core team at Ubisoft Montreal.

“Assassin’s Creed has always been a Montreal production, and Montreal remains the lead studio, but this is a huge game,” he said.

“The amount of time and data that goes into all of these systems to build the game is tremendous. So it’s a cooperative venture. We have different studios cooperating on different elements of the game.”

The most recent title in the series, Brotherhood, was also a collaboration of multiple Ubisoft teams.

Assassin’s Creed: Revelations is due on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in November, and completes the Ezio Auditore trilogy begun with Assassin’s Creed II.

Thanks, CVG.

1. Hunam

I just hope they do a better job with the main missions this time. Most of ACB felt cheap because they kept putting restrictions on how you do stuff. Plus as big as Rome was, it wasn’t that big really, it was a medium sized city with a big patch of fields that had an annoying cliff on it you can’t climb most of the time, which confused me as the game is about bloody climbing stuff. Plus the buildings were kind of far apart which also slowed me down.

Basically, C-, try harder next time.

2. YoungZer0

@1: Not to mention the fact that Ezio had like 300 chances to kill his archenemy before the ending. The whole story felt stretched.

3. Hunam

A bit yeah, like he could have just shot him in the face in a few places but conveniently forgot about his wrist gun. But that didn’t bother me really, just the way Leonardo’s machines were tacked on, like outside of those missions no one seems to mention it even slightly. Plus the Romulus thing being basically that too. I felt proper cheaped though when I repaired the entire of Roma and all I got was a cape. Plus the investing was weird, it felt really slow and unlocking stuff, like a million florins each for the 4 shop types seemed a massive task. I know you can train your troops via that facebook app, but does the investments also tie into that?

4. super64

@1 As much as I loved Brotherhood, especially the multiplayer, I tend to agree. I really wish Ubi took some time with AC and rework the engine, too.

5. Espers

of course it should, Constantinople was a great capital

6. Blerk