Next Resident Evil movie will include Tokyo scenes

Monday, 16th May 2011 02:53 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Those hoping for a better look into the movie version of Resident Evil’s Umbrella Corporation may be in luck, as Milla Jovovich has revealed a few snippets regarding the next instalment.

Responding to fan comments on Twitter (via Rely on Horror) Jovovich, who plays protagonist Alice, said production would visit Tokyo – one of her favourite cities – to film scenes for the next Resident Evil movie outing.

The actor also confirmed that the film’s title is not the April Fool’s Day-revealed “Begins”, but may be “Retribution”.

Putting two and two together to get seventeen, I wildly speculate we’ll see Alice taking the smackdown to Umbrella’s Japanese HQ. Again. Hooray!

Thanks, Kotaku.

1. deathgaze

The question is, once again, “Does anyone still care?” The first couple of movies were alright enough for video game movies. After that it just got stupid.

2. Phoenixblight

As long as they make a profit they will continue to make them.

3. Ali Mofadal

yeah but afterlife was a great 3D movie, i really liked it cuz of the 3D only

4. Brenna Hillier

I actually really like the RE movies. The first one in particular, but they’re all good fun – as long as you view it as an entirely separate canon, and don’t mind rampantly stupid movies.

5. Phoenixblight

I with you on that its like watching a Jason Stathom movie you don’t watch it for the deep story and character development but just watch it for the pure action.

6. Brenna Hillier

If we want to watch Milla Jovovich kick zombie dogs in the face, that’s our business amirite.

7. TikiSadZombie

Imo RE:Afterlife sucked. It was too short and there weren’t even much zombies in a zombie movie -_- … Others were okay I guess. I need a RE movie with a lot of zombies and as long as the Titanic movie :D I love zombies x3

8. Espers

SUCKS AND CLICHE and there’s no alice in the game, I don’t have anything against Milla however I don’t against the director and the producer.

THIS IS A SURVIVAL HORROR GAME NOT AN ACTION MOVIE … SO PLEASE STOP MAKING WOMEN WAY BEYOND RAMBO AND MEN SISSY MODELS WITH GAY STYLE .. DAMN IT .. I SWEAR CAPCOM’S CG MOVIE DEGENERATION LOOKED BETTER THAN ALL OF THIS CRAP … I NEARLY SLEPT MANY TIMES DURING THE LAST MOVIE!!

9. YoungZer0

I’m totally with you ma-RRRRRRRRAAAAAAAGGGGGGEEEEEE!!!!

10. LOLshock94

just the fact she has powers makes me cringe

11. OrbitMonkey

The question is, why did guys who DIDN’T like the 1st two, go see Afterlife? I mean 3 movies in with the same Lead & Director were they expecting something different? Odd o_O

I don’t really give a hoot about the plot or title, as long as their is more of Ali Larter & a lot less of her clothing… nom nom nom ;)