Rockstar refuses to comment over Best Buy LA Noire DLC leak

Monday, 16th May 2011 16:53 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Rockstar has refused to comment over the mention of an unannounced DLC pack for LA Noire in a leaflet of a US retailer.

A Best Buy leaflet had seemingly said the piece of DLC is called as the “Nicholson Electroplating Arson Case.”

No details of the DLC’s plot are mentioned, but it is said it’s the game’s “first DLC pack.” The first 16 people that line up at Best Buy outlets across the US tonight for midnight launches will get a “minimum of 16 Xbox 360 and PS3 codes per store.”

But the publisher refused to bunt on confirmation of the pack or its details.

“No comment on rumour or speculation. If there’s anything that we need to announce, we will always do it officially ourselves,” Rockstar told VG247 over the phone about it just now.

Team Bondi boss Brendan McNamara said last week that it had left out two desks out from the game – burglary and fraud – and that they could be used as DLC.

Game’s out tomorrow in the US and on Friday in the UK for PS3 and 360.

Thanks, Joystiq.

1. Bluebird

So, how long until they announce the Complete/Game of the Year Edition? All this pre-order DLC and DLC released just days after launch doesn’t make me want to buy games on day one.

2. monkeyman

@1 yeah i agree it sometimes feels like your buying a half finished game

3. Telepathic.Geometry

Me too, I really want to play this game but, this year is flush with games, and I’ve a pile waiting to be cleared out too, as well as manga, movies, ladygirls, books and study to keep me busy so maybe waiting months for the game of the year edition isn’t such a bad idea.

Day 1 DLC makes sense on paper, I mean they worked hard on that stuff and that has to have a price, but emotionally it feels like they’re trying to measure what I’ll settle for for 6,000yen. I’d rather they just hit me with everything they’ve got right off the bat…

4. Golden

Having watched the first 15 minutes I am know very very very super excited.

5. Erthazus

I need reviews.

Refused watching 15 minutes of gameplay for the sake of spoilers.

6. joshua nash

@1 i agree aswell, its getting to be bit much, when companies first started to this i just wrote it off as that they didn’t have time to put it on the disk, but now i’m starting to think that the companies are just greedy bastards

7. Phoenixblight

They are a company their goal is to make money. Rockstar decided to sell DLC contracts to these companies to make more money.

All these DLCs will be offered through PSN and XBL after a period of time. You can just wait it out for the Complete edition. You might as well stop gaming because its becoming more and more of the standard. The video game industry is a commercial entity and their goal is to make money.

8. OrbitMonkey

^ You mean their not in the business to create electronic fantasies in which i can escape my dull & empty reality? Am sad now Q_Q

9. Dralen

@1 LOL. Half-finished. The game takes up three freaking discs on the 360 version.

10. Golden

@5, there are no spoilers in the first 15 minutes just a good slow set up to what is going to be a fantastic story

11. The_Deleted

I’m avoiding any more about this til Friday. When I’ll get the kids to bed, tie the wife to the sink and turn out the lights.
    Cannot fucking wait.