Ubisoft: Beyond Good & Evil 2, I Am Alive not canned

Friday, 13th May 2011 13:03 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Ubisoft’s stemmed any fears that Beyond Good & Evil 2 and I Am Alive have both been canned, insisting that the two titles are still in development.

Last night, Ubisoft confirmed that it had restructured roles inside studio operations, which led to “the termination of certain projects.” But it says the projects were all unknown.

“Terminated projects were unannounced projects,” Ubi told EG. When asked on the status of them both, it added it had “nothing new to report on those two titles for the moment.”

Beyond Good and Evil 2 has been in development for donkey years, with the announcement coming at Ubidays 2008. Since then, nothing has been seen of it since.

I Am Alive has been a little more forthcoming since its announcement at E3 2008. Only a handful of screens and videos have been released afterwards.

1. Blerk

I’ll believe ‘em when I see ‘em. Again.

2. daytripper

who wants to bet me 87p that beyond 2 will be shown on project cafe?

3. Blerk

If they do that, they will officially be killed. Unless it isn’t an exclusive, in which case “carry on”.

4. Bluebird

I Am Alive was that catastrophe survival game, wasn’t it? Quite liked the sound of that.

5. Freek

If it isn’t at E3 this year, it’ll have been shelved, again.

6. Moonwalker1982

Please show BG&E 2 at E3!!!

But……

probably not gonna happen.

7. TheWulf

Please, please, please remember the caricatured, colourful visual identity that BG&E1 had and don’t drop it for the gritty grey/brown Sci-Fi approach that everyone is doing these days. Having another game show up that has the same kind of art style as the original BG&E, but all shiny and updated, would be a breath of fresh air.

When it comes to action adventures (which BG&E is), Ratchet & Clank stand pretty much alone in this regard, and that’s a bloody shame. I love R&C. I could certainly stand there being more games like that around, and like the original BG&E.

I can hope, but I’m also a realist and I realise that that’s probably the final style they’ve settled on in that picture there and not just a prototype. :C

In fact, if you ever get to talk to them, VG247 folks … do you think you could ask?

8. ManuOtaku

#7, i agree with you i just hope if they dont go with the BG&E 1 graphics, at least they go with the route of the prince of persia cell shadded look instead of the grey/brown look, iam a sucker for cell shadded games, or colourfull shiny graphics, thats maybe the reason i do like nintendo games so much. 8D