Starhawk goes big in 13 minute gameplay video

Friday, 13th May 2011 10:36 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Boom. G4‘s just dropped a massive 13 minute video of the now-announced Starhawk, which entirely consists of gameplay. Yes, there’s commentary on it, but again: gameplay. You can watch it below the break. Read Stace’s impressions as well as his interview with developer Lightbox here. The PS3 exclusive’s out in 2012.

1. Erthazus

Looks good.

but RTS thingy is a bit mistake in my opinion. Developers already tried it on PC and it didn’t worked very well with Command & Conquer: Renegade.

+ considering that this is on PS3. Team work is going to be in most cases useless.

2. Robo_1

Looks like they’ve ripped up the RTS genre, and re-built it in a way which makes sense for console games. Nice.

3. DrDamn

Why does someone having tried it before and failed mean it can’t work? Just means it didn’t work for them.

4. The_Red

I’m kinda impressed. The gameplay looks fun and the RTS elements don’t seem to heavy though they might end up gimmicky.

5. Moonwalker1982

It’s not doing anything for me really, i bought the first one but barely played it. But that’s only because most of my friends dont own a PS3. It seemed like a great game though, not sure about this one yet. Seems like Red Faction Guerilla/Armageddon mixed with Transformers .

6. OlderGamer

I like it.

It does remind me of Monday Night Combat meets Warhawk. the only problem with this for me is that it isn’t coming out soon enough 2012 is long time away and like most games it could get delayed. But I liked what I saw, it looked like a lot of fun to me.

7. frostquake

I like it, and its great news that it has Single Player. Reminds me of the look of Red Faction with MS MechWarrior style, and of course the classic Warhammer drop and build pods.

I am with OG, I want this game NOW!! LOL…….

8. galaxy366

Looks really nice ^^, can’t wait to fight massive battles online!

9. Ge0force

Not bad, but I need to see more, not convinced yet.