First Starhawk trailer goes over single-play, multiplay, Build & Battle

Friday, 13th May 2011 14:08 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Sony’s released the first full trailer for Starhawk, detailing the game’s single-player and story, multiplayer and the RTS-lite element known as Build & Battle.

The video, in at near six minutes, also features Lightbox boss Dylan Jobe talking about the game and how it’s a spirtual successor to 2007′s Warhawk. Get it below.

Starhawk launches in 2012 for PS3. Watch a massive 13 minute gameplay trailer for it here, and read Stace’s impressions here.

1. Erthazus

Unreal Tournament meets C&C:Renegade

I hope they will succeed in this. + it’s on PS3. And when i played games online it’s almost impossibe to see a colaboration between players.

SAD that this is not on the PC. :(

2. Alakratt

DAY ONE! Holy shit! This wasn’t even on my list!!!

EDIT: @1 You know what’s the problem there? It’s that NOBODY wants to play with somebody like you. So YOU are the problem. Because nobody in their right mind wants to play with a pathetic, retard, annoying fanboy like you (who has a PS3 but all he does is criticize it every chance he gets). So yeah, think about that.

3. daytripper

@2 dont start for fuck sake please

4. Alakratt

Somebody had to say it. :)

5. Erthazus

@2,

Console fanboys enRAGE?

“It’s that NOBODY wants to play with somebody like you.”

How did you knew that sitting in a cave? Don’t try to guess something in the internet you don’t know.

What i know that “Battle of Hastings” proved that there is no colaboration on the console space in 90% it’s a fact.
    I won’t continue replying to you, because it’s useless. All i said that i want it for PC where Team work in my opinion is better.

6. Alakratt

A cave huh? I have a Wii, 360 and PS3. But I sit in a cave? Dude, 99.9 % of PS3 articles here have at least one comment from you criticizing the hell out of it! What the hell is your problem? I admit I was a PS3 fanboy before, but as I got the other consoles I saw that they’re all amazing and that a lot of comments from SOME people ARE one-sided (like yours). At least I have the balls to admit I was wrong, unlike you who’s lost them a loooong time ago.

7. Patrick Garratt

Alakratt – Insult anyone like that again and you’ll be banned for a month.

8. YoungZer0

@7: Can’t blame him for stating the obvious. Erth is the last surviving Troll here, he should be treated as such.

9. Alakratt

@ Patrick

People here have said worse and you threating me over that? Admit it, you’re pissed at me because of what I wrote against you in your numerous anti-PS3…ahem…I mean, “PSN-gate” articles. Go ahead, ban me, it doesn’t change the fact that you’ve completely ignored Erth’s numerous attacks against other members and posting flamebait comments in almost every PS3 related article and don’t even try to ban him. But when I say somebody mean against him I get banned? What a way to abuse power! pathetic wannabe journalist!!

10. OrbitMonkey

@Erz, No way mate, ps3 gamers totally communicate!! Example:

OrbitMonkey: Guys i’m going for flag A, who’s with me?

KingCock: ……………….*silence*……………………………………

360sux: FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK!

xXBLowMEXx: ……(insert annoying eurodance track)……..

OrbitMonkey: I’ve got A guys, how you doing?

KingCock: …………….*more silence*……………………………..

360sux: CUNTCUNTCUNTCUNTCUNTCUNTCUNTCUNT!!!!

xXBLOWMEXX: *rage quit after 3 mins with 1/14 KD ratio*

I rest my case ;)

11. YoungZer0

@10: What game did you play? =D

12. galaxy366

The ”Build & Battle” looks promising ^^, haven’t seen it before, well C&C renegade but not at this level. Plus i cant imagine how the battles will looks like online, imagine fighting a massive battle with fighter overhead and tanks in the distance =)!

13. The1stMJC

@9 *starts slow clap*

I saw a mech turn into a warhawk! I loved Warhawk and have been waiting for Starhawk for far too long. I wonder how this Build and Battle will play out in multiplayer. It could be great, but it also could be abused, I wonder if they will be limited to how many an individual can build or by team.

14. HeavenlyGamer

Wow! Never played Warhawk, but this looks amazing! Combining 3rd person shooting with strategy, sounds like a winner to me!

15. ManuOtaku

Tomorrow should be arriving my copy of warhawk and unreall tournament III, i hope the PSN arrives this weekend in order to play them, therefore i will know is this news are great or dont for me.

16. Gigabomber

Wow. Talk about an upgrade.

17. YoungZer0

Oh look, it’s Shadow Man!

18. Erthazus

@OB, :D It’s a HALO MATCH!