Thu, May 12, 2011 | 22:44 BST
Wednesday Shorts Evening Edition: Yakuza, Game music, MinecraftCon 2011, Super Meat Boy
It’s hump day. Lucky you. Not much left of the week, or today for that matter, so, no need in trying to escape. Have some short stuff to close it out with instead.
- The evil mastermind behind Minecraft is toying with the idea of holding MinecraftCon.
- Hell of an Affair, the second L.A. Noire short story is out.
- Yakuza of the End screens are on the net showing men with blond, white, and gray hair.
- Jagex’s headed to Brighton in the hopes it can nab some Black Rock Studio staff after the Disney lay offs.
- The US Navy is launching an MMO which focuses on sea-pirate strategies. Yar, etc.
- A preview for Operation Raccoon City is up.
- You can get the digital soundtrack to Shadows of the Damned if you pre-order through select retailers.
- Nival Interactive’s bringing Prime World to North America and Europe from Russia. It’s a fantasy-themed social strategy game with cross-platform support for Windows, OS X, Facebook, iOS, and Android.
- Someone has unlocked the “Impossible” Achievement in Super Meat Boy.
- Paradox has released a developer diary for Crusader Kings II.
- Global Agenda got a new patch today.
- Some art and how it pertains to Brink is through here.
- Hideki Sakamoto has won a Guinness Award for “longest piece of original music scored for a videogame”, with Prime #4507 from Echochrome II.