Warner: New Monolith title to be shown soon

Tuesday, 10th May 2011 11:20 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Warner Bros. Seattle head Laura Fryer has said that the new title from F.E.A.R. developer Monolith will be unveiled soon.

Speaking to Develop Magazine as part of her upcoming appearance at the conference of the same name in Brighton in July, Fryer said that “by conference time we should also be able to talk about the latest game from the creative team behind No One Lives Forever and F.E.A.R., and what we’ve learned along the way.”

Sounds like an E3 announce to us.

Monolith’s last title was F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin back in 2009 for PS3, 360 and PC. The studio decided to sit out the sequel, though, giving dev duties for F.E.A.R. 3 instead to Day 1 Studios in Chicago.

Thanks, Gamerzines.

1. StolenGlory

Condemned 3 please.

Thanks in advance.

2. Hunam

Quite excited to find out what they are working on finally.

@1 No thanks, Condemned 2 ruined the series by being one of the worst games ever made.

3. Bloodyghost

WANT! These guys are a talented crew and I only wished they were the ones to finish up the Fear series.

4. StolenGlory

I enjoyed the first game a great deal; it had superb atmospherics, but like you (though perhaps not to your extent), I didn’t really enjoy my time with the sequel.

Hopefully if a third one materialises, it’ll atone for the mistakes made in Condemned 2.

The emphasis here is on *hope* :)

5. Bloodyghost

I did like Condemned 2 but still liked the first over it. Also the BEAR scene was a little weird for me.

6. Gekidami

The only problem i had with Condemned 2 is that, imo the plot moved in the wrong direction. Giving the main character superpowers was just a bad idea.

7. M. K.

Condemned 3 please! Thanks.

8. Johnny Cullen

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn’t Sega own the IP?

9. Gekidami

Sega published the games. No idea if they actually own the IP or not though. They probably do, though. Thats why we havent seen a third game yet; Because Sega hasnt green-lit it.

10. Hunam

Condemned 1 was a good game. It’s a little wonky these days but still has that atmosphere. Condemned 2 was just silly and the combat was worse somehow. Plus I gritted my teeth to try and get through it despite hating everything past the second level (because I at least wanted to get some of my moneys worth out of it) and then on the bit near the end, when you’re on a boat, well I did that level and on the savepoint the game crashed and corrupted my save for the game. On one hand I was pissed because I had to really push myself to play the piece of crap, but on the other, I was relieved because it meant that I could just stop playing it.

FEAR and FEAR2 however are two of the finest games known to man.

@9 They never will with Monolith though now that WB has got it’s publishing operations set up finally.

11. The_Red

Please, Blood 3! It’s probably Condemned 3 but it would be seriously awesome if it was a sequel to one of older Monolith games or even a new IP.

12. StolenGlory

Actually, screw all that.

New S.H.O.G.O title comfirmed! :)

13. NapalmAssault

Let it be Shogo Mobile Armor Division 2!!!!
    I loved that game!!!

14. Hunam

SHOGO was one of the few games I completed in my younger days which was super rare. Till I turned 18 I completed about 15% of the games I bought.

15. Noodlemanny

How about just a new IP?

16. StolenGlory

Yeah i’d take one for sure, but the memories of SHOGO (no doubt hugely tinted) remain strong :)

17. xino

Blood 3?
    Shogo 2?
    Captain Claws 2?
    No One Lives Forever 3?

those were the days man…Mono were sick back in 90s!