Namco FY2011: Enslaved hits 730,000 units sold

Tuesday, 10th May 2011 09:14 GMT By Johnny Cullen

As part of its full-year results, Namco Bandai’s confirmed that sales of Enslaved: Journey to the West have hit 730,000 units.

The number is far higher than the 460,000 units announced back in February, but is still short of the 1 million expected on the acclaimed Ninja Theory action title.

Namco has constantly chattered about a sequel.

The company also confirmed that it sold 1.15 million American units of Tekken 6 in the financial year, despite the game releasing in 2009.

Operating income in FY2011 for NB was up 767 percent at ¥16.3 billion. Sales were up four percent at ¥394 billion.

Full financials are here.

1. Blerk

It’s been £15 or less for the last few months and far more people appear to have been taking a chance on it at that price. So it’s done half-reasonable numbers, but they’re not likely to have seen much money from it, I suspect.

2. silkvg247

Anyone who hasn’t bought it yet, especially given the low price point, is really missing out. Sure, the gameplay / action / platform elements aren’t anything breathtakingly original.. but the scripting and story is.

3. triggerhappy686

Y’know its the main character that puts me off this game with his stupid triangular body and even stupider hair cut.

4. silkvg247

You get used to it.. plus he’s actually a kinda cool guy and has an awesome actor behind him :)

5. Craymen Edge

The DLC “Pigsy’s Perfect 10″ is a great bit of content too. I really like the guy voicing Pigsy, and the soundtrack is fantastic.

6. RedBirdiii

One of my best games of action adventure genre. I really liked how the relationship evolved between the two main characters.

7. frostquake

Sadly, I bought this game day one, and played for about 10 minutes and then moved on to the onslaught of games that came out at the same time. I just recently pulled it out again and played all the way through.

Nothing inventive, but a joy to play through. The soundtrack was great wish I could buy it off of iTunes.

8. OlderGamer

Now that the price is lower, I keep meaning to pick it up.

9. YoungZer0

Shame it has not reached the 1 mil. mark. But oh well, love the game still.

@8: Just buy it.

10. Robbins

@8 probably one of the best games of 2010

11. bluemanrule

@7 Amazon sold the soundtrack as a pre-order bonus. It is a strong soundtrack. Nihay Sawtney I believe the composer’s name is. You can search by Enslaved though. Also, if you own an Android phone, buying this album earns you 20 GBs of cloud player space for a year.