UK charts: Zumba Fitness knocks Portal 2 off top spot

Monday, 9th May 2011 09:31 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Get fit title Zumba Fitness has knocked Valve’s Portal 2 from the top of the UK charts.

It follows a two week spell where the puzzler remained top of the charts, whilst Zumba was residing in the top three.

Mortal Kombat rounds off the top three. Black Ops moves up one spot to fourth while Lego Star Wars III finishes the top five.

The top ten for the week ending May 7 is below. Last week’s data is here.

1. Zumba Fitness
  2. Portal 2
  3. Mortal Kombat
  4. Call of Duty: Black Ops
  5. Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
  6. FIFA 11
  7. Operation Flashpoint: Red River
  8. Wii Fit Plus
  9. Pokemon Black
  10. Michael Jackson: The Experience

1. minxamo

UK, why hast thou forsaken me?

2. TheWulf

Says something about us, doesn’t it?

(That the people of our nation are very gullible and buy far too easily into placebos.)

3. Blerk

I suspect it’s taken the lead by default rather than by any great surge of sales. The PS3 version was out last week but didn’t do much, most of the sales are still on the Wii. There was nothing else of note released last week, so chances are the ‘naturally tailing off’ Portal sales have just dipped slightly below Zumba’s.

4. OrbitMonkey

Glad to see Operation Flashpoint making a dent in the charts, go codies :)

5. Dannybuoy

Seems people over here in the UK need to exercise their brains a little more. Portal 2 will help them do that.

6. OrbitMonkey

^ So would a crossword puzzle, no youtube solution videos for The Times daily either ;)

7. AHA-Lambda

homefront is finally out of the top ten! THANK CHRIST!!

8. ASBI

I havent seen motorstorm apocalypse in the top 10 yet :(

and dont whine about homefront ,, at least it’s A game

9. Blerk

Motorstorm came and went weeks ago without ever troubling the top ten, sadly.

Edit: It entered (and peaked) at number 17, week ending April 9th.

10. DaMan

Black Ops still selling in the top ten, unbelievable.

11. Erthazus

Call Of duty:BO is 4th.

This is madness.

12. OlderGamer

My wife loves Zumba(kinect version). Kind of hard to complain really, its good excercise, cheaper then taking classes, and can be done whenever she has the time. From what I see it works good, nothing fancy just dancing. No failing out, no gaming gimmecks, no frills, nothing like that. Just fire it up, pick a routine and start sweating.

Not that anyone here cares, but for what it does, it does extremly well. Not sure how holding a Wii-mote or Move Wand would changes the experience. but like I said, my wife loves the thing.

13. OrbitMonkey

OG you liar, I don’t believe a word of it! I demand you post a video of your wife working out IMMEDIATELY!! clothing optional ;b

14. OlderGamer

@Orbit

lol

and after I do that, she can post one of herself killing me over it ;)