Splinter Cell 6 gets first off-screen picture

Monday, 9th May 2011 18:20 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Audio tools manufacturer Blue Sky has published the first off-screen picture of Splinter Cell 6.

It doesn’t show too much other than what appears to be a menu that shows the words “Splinter Cell 6″ and that it features Sam Fisher in his NGV goggles.

The new title, already confirmed to be in development at the Jade Raymond-helmed Ubisoft Tornoto, has some of the key figures from the development of last year’s Conviction from Ubi Montreal, including Maxime Beland and Alex Parizeau.

Get it below via Blue Sky’s website. Thanks, Gamerzines.

1. Hunam

Those satellite monitors should be at around ear hight or at least facing towards the desk operator. Silly peoples. The air con above the operator wont help much either.

2. onlineatron

Goggles.

3. Erthazus

After crappy 4th-5th games i don’t care at all.

Ubisoft is like Capcom. They don’t know what to do after first three great games. Same goes to Resident Evil Games basically. Last games in the franchise are just mediocre or bad at best.

Konami and Kojima need to step up and announce Metal Gear Solid 5 or sony must do Syphon Filter, Thief 4 or something that is not from Toronto…

4. Phoenixblight

You hear that?

It sounds like a milking noise. how odd? The game is coming from….. Oh wait nevermind…Ubisoft doesn’t do anything original.

5. EscoBlades

Cry moar? lol

6. Johnny Cullen

Re-played Conviction over the weekend. Love it.

7. AHA-Lambda

goggles? Goggles are back?

OLD SCHOOL SPLINTER CELL IS BACK?!!

oh my weary heart, please do not toy with it ubisoft ;_;

Can anyone make out what it says underneath splinter cell on the menu? I tihnk i can make out the word beta but that’s about it.

8. Maximum Payne

@4 Do anything original ? Maybe just they did Prince of Persia,Splinter Cell,Asssassin Creed and every next sequel is different and for me better.For me UBISOFT is the MOST original and creative studio.I like every PoP and every SC.And what was wrong with Double Agent? Also I think Conviction is little bit under rated but that is just me.Maybe it is streamlined game but is very fun.Real problems are Ghost Recon,Rainbow six and Driver which look very stupid with that SHIFT mod…

9. Erthazus

@7 they should remake 2nd game in the new engine. Much better then milking first 3 great games seriously.

10. Hunam

Ubisoft just play at publishing. They just want to, at their core, put out a new game in a franchise every 12 months. But usually (and so far excepting AC) they fall flat on their face, then go back to giving their games time and admitting they ruined their games. The funny thing is, during this phase of Ubisoft they tend to create a new franchise and it’s usually fucking amazing. Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, Assassin’s Creed, PoP, Far Cry and BG&E come from these times, then they do well and go back to wanting to ruin their franchises. I’ve seen Ubi flip flop between these two modes over and over now for a good 10 years. It’s like a kid with all the best toys who just ends up breaking them. It’s great during the good times but so, so fucking bad during the bad times.

11. Erthazus

@10, agree with everything except for Far Cry. It’s a Crytek creation (Ubisoft was just a publisher)
    such an awesome game until Ubisoft bought it :D

12. AHA-Lambda

another image

i can make out the words broken arrow on the screen. I believe broken arrow is a code word used for a stolen nuclear device

13. Maximum Payne

@11 Well Far Cry 2 is like new IP :P

14. Erthazus

@12, HOLY SH*T, it’s my GAMING MOUSE :D

15. Stardog

Cue a shit mix of PoP and Assassin’s Creed.

If there are no dynamic shadows then it’s not SC. Double Agent was terrible, and Conviction was even worse, and didn’t sell well.

16. Hunam

Double Agent was really terrible. Conviction had good gameplay but the thing where the baddies talk was so, so bad. They all had that one really annoying voice saying stupid stuff over and over. Really put a mark on the game.

17. Benjo1981

Taking numbers from VgChartz (not exactly reputable, I realise) shows that Conviction did ok with 1.74M copies. Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (arguably the best of the previous generation’s SC’s) only did 1.11M on Xbox.

18. HauntaVirus

Awesome, Conviction was a blast. I’m still waiting for Future Soldier!

19. Hunam

I’d imagine Convictions budget was nearly 5 or 6 times that of CT, more so because Conviction was scrapped then started again which would have ramped the costs up.

20. Benjo1981

True, the budget’s would have been very different but 1.74M isn’t shoddy, and it’s obviously enough to warrant a sequel.

Personally, I really enjoyed it. So did my GF, although not sure if that’s a compliment or a slur!

Edit: punctuation.

21. razvan2you

In my opinion Double Agent and Conviction have been the most amazing games in the Splinter Cell franchise. The way they developed the story is absolutely incredible. The first three games were strictly based on the ideology of American stealth. Then they realized that something must change and so have made with DA ​​the transition from a fully commited man to Sam Fisher going rogue (Conviction)…..and that’s what bothers many …..
    I have a tip for those who have not liked Conviction : GO PLAY ALPHA PROTOCOL…..

22. badboy_122

@ 12

I can only make the word ARROW …
    even after playing a little bit in the contrast

23. Erthazus

@21, yeah, they made cheap holywood blockbuster interactive movie with shitty plot and garbage gameplay.

Good job Ubisoft.

24. YoungZer0

Ugh, don’t like what i see here. I was hoping for more running away from the government. Looks like he’s back into his gear again.

25. Benjo1981

I think even if he’s running from the government, he’d still be able to obtain the gear; he’d have contacts still loyal to him surely?

26. YoungZer0

@21: Agreed, i liked the evolution of his character. Didn’t like the fact that his daughter still alive though.

27. YoungZer0

@25: Yeah, i guess, but i really wouldn’t like it to see him running around in full gear, i rather have him Bourne-Style. With Improvised gadgets.

28. xino

hoping this will be Conviction style:/

29. Maximum Payne

@21 Then you would love 24 tv show!

30. The Juice707

I’m of the unpopular opinion that Double Agent was the best game. It was the first game in the series in which the stealth didn’t get boring. Chaos Theory may have been better, but Double Agent was more fun. And sneaking around the terrorist headquarters was perhaps the best part! The multiplayer and coop were completely overlooked and underrated. Once you learned the maps and had friends to play with, it was AMAZING!

Conviction made the wise choice of making the franchise more accessible, and they succeeded in that but threw so many good parts of SC out the window- Not to mention the quality of the game was completely inconsistent. It is like they had game industry vets make a few of the levels and left the rest to first timers.

Here is to hoping that Sam Fisher gets a return to form and a great multiplayer mode along with it.

31. joshua nash

i’m hoping that the gameplay is a mixture of the first three and conviction

32. Blerk

I’ve still never played a Splinter Cell game. :-)

33. Gadzooks!

I really enjoyed Conviction, both the campaign and covert ops scenarios, especially in co-op.

Sure, it wasnt hardcore stealth but I never liked SC previously. Not saying its better than previous SC games but Conviction was much more fun for me, more action adventure than oldschool puzzle-stealth.

I’d definitely be up for a sequel.

34. J.L

I’d definitely be up for a bit of a-Ha.

I’m dying to be different in the coffee shop
    I lived to double strength, now my supplies are cut
    Oh, I’m older than my looks and older than my years
    I’m too young to take on my deepest fears
    I used to be confused but now I just don’t know
    Since you left I’ve been watching blue skies come and go

35. Isaaclarke37

I still pray that Michael Ironside is still involved, he is the only person fitting the character. I can’t imagine Sam without him.