Rumor – Modern Warfare 3 reveal in OPM next month

Saturday, 7th May 2011 13:50 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Official PlayStation Magazine UK is teasing a reveal for its June 8 issue, and it looks as though it could well be Modern Warfare 3.

The ad, posted on PushSquare says, “The biggest game in the world returns,” along with a rather large, and green number 3 plastered on the page.

A June reveal would be about right, because that seems to be the magic month for Call of Duty outings.

We heard rumblings yesterday that Activision was holding a CoD-related event in New York last week, and Rock, Paper, Shotgun heard that the firm was poised to announce something to do with Call of Duty’s online component.

Rumors over an online version of the shooter have been running rampant in for what seems like ages.

Speculation reached a higher pitch when, during Activision’s last call to investors, the company announced the formation of Beachhead Studios, the sole purpose of which was to create new digital content for the Call of Duty series.

The creation of this “all-new digital platform” for the CoD franchise will come complete with a suite of online services to “super charge the online experience,” while “integrating online and console together for the first time.”

The Beachhead project has been in development for over a year, and more information on the studio, along with content and services plans is expected to be announced soon.

Thanks, AHA-Lambada.

1. UNUSUAL WEASEL

Well it’s got to happen sometime between now and November.

2. Moonwalker1982

What do you guys think, will they finally come with a brand new engine? I mean…how fucking long can they milk that same old engine? Guess…as long as the sheep out there; and let’s face it there are still many, keep buying it …they will keep milking that damn engine and only add a few little things.

The one and only war shooter i’m looking forward to is Battlefield 3, i seriously don’t believe for a second MW3 can steal that shine.

3. OrbitMonkey

2 of my friends who ONLY play COD have both said their getting Battlefield 3. If Activision bring out the same old, same old, they could be in for a rude awakening.

4. Gama_888

Im surprised its in OPM, Cod typically being a more Xbox thing

5. Stephany Nunneley

@4 Might just be for the UK. I bet over here, it will be GI.

6. strikkebil

im excited, idk y.

7. Edo

If anything it will be at E3 for sure.

8. Bloodyghost

I will sit back and remain skeptical until I play the game.

Even if the game looks great.

World at War, Black Ops and MW2 were trash in my opinion and Activision already fooled me once with MW2.

I will not be fooled again.

9. Bloodyghost

@5 Probably. Early June issue for GI with it. Only problem is my subscription ends soon.

10. KrazyKraut

I thought the two Respawn guys own the name “Modern Warfare”…?

11. Phoenixblight

No. Activision owns it, Zampella and West are trying to get those rights which they might as well ask for ice water in hell.

12. KrazyKraut

@12 okay :) thx for this metaphorical answer^^

13. someguy2

@12 Nice Steve Jobs quote

14. DUFFKING

1. Run into room
    2. Spawn 10-20 enemies who run to random piece of cover
    3. Ensure that enemies have no AI and never move from their cover under any circumstances
    4. Repeat for 4-5 hours
    5. ???
    6. Profit.
    7. Profit more.

15. LOLshock94

@2 milking an engine? jesus christ the word milking is being milked

16. Moonwalker1982

Not a rumour anymore i guess…look here.

17. Erthazus

Call Of fratboys returns, now with MORE customization crap.

Until they will change crappy storytelling, crappy engine, design decisions, 16 player fest, shitty linear singleplayer campaign it has no fucking chance to beat Battlefield 3 EVER. Maybe in some other dimension, but not here on the planet earth.

Except for sales of course.

the only game from that franchise i want is Call Of Duty NGP. I can play this type of game on the casual platform. It’s perfect for that device with such an engine.

18. LOLshock94

call of duty has done more good then bad

19. nikk900

No way?! There’s gonna be a new call of duty?! Seriously though, what are they gonna bring to the table? Surely it’s just the same old stuff, but I will reserve judgement until they actually bring out some info. Not that I care, as I don’t play these types of games.

20. Erthazus

Whats the story is going to be for another Infinity Ward greatest shooters of all time? :D

Mission 1: Here’s your objective, blah blah blah blah Secret base! Blah Blah Blah Plane blah Blah blah blah nuclear missle bla Blah blah counting on you! blah blah Blah Good Luck!

:D

21. LOLshock94

^^fail…..

22. Len

Not inetrested at all, they lost me a cpl of years back.

BF3 is where it’s at for me come the end of the year…

23. drewbles82

I hated blackops and WAW, mw2 was the best 4 me, infinite respawn is plain stupid, rubbish AI, they barely move, once you got rid of loads, respawn they are all back, no skill in the game at all, just push method.
    MW2 had the enemy flanking u. The layout of the multiplayer was so much nicer and loved spec ops cuz gave u so much more to do. Zombies is boring.
    No matter how bad or good the next game is, it will sell because of the amount of KIDS manage to get it either by a friend, themselves as sum stores are stupid enough 2 sell 2 kids and parents who dont care bout ratings.
    I recently got into battlefield 2 and love it.
    MW3 for me 2b good would need brand new spec ops again, no infinite respawn, co-op single player wud b fun, combat training mode but can be used offline.

24. Edo

#13 “Except for sale of course”,unfortunately that’s the only number that counts.

25. Cozzy

Not really that bothered about this. I enjoy the Call of Duty franchise but there are so many better games coming out later in the year. I will wait till this comes down in price and get it second hand instead.

I’m more of a Battlefield fan anyway and can’t wait for the new one!

26. G1GAHURTZ

HYYYYYYYYYYYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

27. Lounds

Will it even have DX10 or 11 support this time.

28. Lounds

Im back on BF2 again, BC2 sucks (except the destruction).

29. Erthazus

@27, With ID Tech 3 proprietary IW engine it won’t support direct X10-X11 until some major changes which they won’t do. Of course.

It’s counter-productive for Activision when fratboys will eat Call Of duty in any graphics. As long as you can shoot shit everything will be Top Notch (their opinion)

30. SuperCrazyLeprechaun

@23 Co op single player?explain how this works.

31. strikkebil

does anyone know what INFAMOUS2 scored? cos the review was surpose to be in the issue where the photo is taken from

32. Gekidami

Oh no, wait thats the first game. oops.

33. HD HARDCORE GAMER

i don,t fucking care about the engine all i care is about the story and a good online playing

34. datass

Hatters gonna hat…pls gtfo if you are here to troll…

On a side note, can’t wait 8th june :)

35. EliteKnight

#34 datass you mean June 6th ? thats when the Xbox E3 keynote is and thats where we will get the Gameplay as Microsoft have a deal with Activision

36. Crab of Thunder

I’m going to stick up for CoD here. I’ve enjoyed the last 3 or 4 and although they are getting a little tiring now, i still don’t think they have an equal online.
    I can’t understand how people think BC2 is better, it’s just a boring, laggy mess in my opinion (I admit BF3 looks good).
    Call of duty is very slick and has fairly seamless gameplay.

I’ll just say that this is my opinion, i know VG commenters seem a bit anti-cod. :P

37. freedoms_stain

@36, why do I prefer BC2.

1) No killstreaks. Someone has to see me and shoot me to kill me 90% of the time, they can’t call in a magic missile that will show them exactly where me and my team are and let them blow us up.

2) Splash damage on explosives isn’t utterly ridiculous.

3) Camper corners can be obliterated.

4) Character classes that mean something to the game.

5) Vehicular combat.

6) Maps you couldn’t spit across with a run up.

7) Knifing although still bollocks, is less bollocks than the 6 feet away bollocks you actually get a perk for in CoD.

8) Capture regions in conquest can’t be noob tube spammed from across the map.

9) Weapons handle more like weapons and less like airsoft.

10) Teamwork means something.

11) No host advantage, which I hear is actually worse in Black Ops than most p2p games. Marvellous!

BC2 isn’t without its faults, but I’ve enjoyed it 10x more than CoD. I’d rather play BC2 on a laggy Asian server or vs 12 KsA guys than play as host in MW2.

38. Eos

I honestly think they should create a remake of World at War. It WAS good game, if it had VERY good graphics, better balance, and a more distinct/unique system, I’d play that game non-stop.

If this is said to be Modern Warfare 3, they’re going to keep getting more “Modern” or “Futuristic” and I really don’t want that. They have to make up numbers for damage, range, etc. when they should base it off actuality/how they’re supposed to be used. (SMG bullets should somewhat barely be able to reach long distances, as the bullet is lighter and it drops easier, meaning less momentum to go farther. Correct me if I’m wrong on this though….) Sniper bullets and LMG bullets can go much farther as their shells are heavier and bulkier. The fact is this shouldn’t be like any other CoD games where bullets can go across the map and kill easily…. (UMP) Their SHOULD be bullet drop/realism. I want the gruesome affects from World at War to return also, but make it even more gruesome! (To a certain extent) All these kind of things would balance out this game a whole lot better, instead of doing the same old CoD thing and just handing us new crap that really isn’t new.”

39. M. K.

I love Call of Duty, but since Modern Warfare 2 I’m really careful with it. Now I’m more looking forward to BF3 and Brink, let’s just see if (the little rest of) IW can surprise us? :)

40. r0cks0l1dd

@38 I hope you’re joking. Remake of a game that came out 3 years ago? Yeah ok lol. Unless you mean going back to WWII for a new game which won’t happen because they have said WWII won’t be done again in CoD.

Realism and CoD don’t go together. If you want that, I think Battlefield is your game.

41. M. K.

`Realism and CoD don’t go together. If you want that, I think Battlefield is your game`

No not really, at least not the last three battlefield games ;)

42. r0cks0l1dd

Not that we needed confirmation, but this was put up recently;

Looks like a definite MW3 reveal. I doubt OPM UK will have the world exclusive as it will be in the middle of E3 and the next Gameinformer or OXM US / OPM US might be out before.

43. irisuuuu

welcome to it !!hi gh quali ty☆ reaso nable pric e☆
    free shi pping accept pay pal,
    if you have interest in it , take action !!!!!
    ***** {{w w w }} {{ happyshopping100 }} {{ com }} ***