PSN now in final testing stages

Friday, 6th May 2011 00:52 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Sony has announced via the PS Blog that ii has moved into a final stage of testing before restoring certain PlayStation Network and Qriocity services.

Sony had previously predicted it would restore select features – namely, online multiplayer – some time this week, with others, including the PS Store, expected by the end of the month.

Further updates have been promised soon.

1. SamaT

About god damn time.

2. irontag

Two week been hanging out with my mistress (360 slim). Never new I how much I miss my main sweet heart. (ps3).till now. Happy you almost back baby.

3. Blerk

I surmise allowing us to change our passwords will be in the first batch of restored stuff? Specifically it’d be nice to get the web site back online.

4. NightCrawler1970

Are you telling me, i can’t play MAG??? i hopen’t MAG shut down there server of lack of players(DUUUUUUUUUHHH)…. i was wondering how MAG server react when Playstation was shut down???

MAG IT support(1):, huh no gamers today????
    MAG IT support(2):, are they boycotting us for some reason, like MW2???
    MAG IT support(1):, last 2 days ago, the server was loaded with gamers…
    MAG IT Support(2):, damn no players, WTF is going on…
    MAG IT support(1):, well according online Playstation being hacked…
    MAG IT support(2):, Are you shitting me???
    MAG IT support(1):, No im not shitting you…

5. lexph3re

*splat* …..<.<…. heh

6. Moonwalker1982

Well, that’s good news for the people who play on PSN alot. I don’t use PSN much, so it was never a bother for me really.

7. HauntaVirus

I have a bad feeling it’s going to get hacked and taken down again.

8. NightCrawler1970

Remember this time NSA, FBI, NCIS are ready to track them down within 5 minutes “knocking on hacker door”….and there toys(refurbish PC) will be scrapped, and 25 or life-time prison, of ID Theft, Fraud, Spamming, Breaching a Network, nationwide lawsuit agains those punk-ass bitches, that hacker wish they never been born…..

9. theevilaires

This is it boys we’re going back home :D …..

What will be the first game you play when PSN comes back on?!

(someone make a thread in the forum please) or just answer here.

For me of course the 1 and only best FPS ever created in the history of human civilization…… COD4!

10. NightCrawler1970

News flash from SOny….

Sony Offering Free ‘AllClear ID Plus’ Identity Theft Protection in the United States through Debix, Inc.
    + Posted by Patrick Seybold // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media
    Last weekend, Sony Computer Entertainment announced that we will provide complimentary enrollment in an identity theft protection program. Here are the details of this program for PlayStation Network and Qriocity account holders in the United States only. We are working to make similar programs available in other countries/territories where applicable. Information will be posted on local websites/blogs when available.
    Sony Computer Entertainment and Sony Network Entertainment International have made arrangements with Debix, Inc., one of the industry’s most reputable identity protection firms, to offer AllClear ID Plus at no cost to PlayStation Network and Qriocity account holders for 12 months from the time an account holder registers for the program.
    Please note that we will start sending out activation emails for this program over the next few days, and you will have until June 18th to sign-up and redeem your code. You will need to sign up directly through AllClearID, not on Sony’s websites, and details, including step-by-step instructions for the program, will be emailed to United States PSN and Qriocity Account holders soon.
    The details of the program include, but are not limited to:
    Cyber monitoring and surveillance of the Internet to detect exposure of an AllClear ID Plus customer’s personal information, including monitoring of criminal web sites and data recovered by law enforcement. If his/her personal information is found, the customer will be alerted by phone and/or email and will be provided advice and support regarding protective steps to take. The customer will also receive monthly identity status reports. Debix works with an alliance of cyber-crime experts from the government, academia and industry to provide these services.
    Priority access to licensed private investigators and identity restoration specialists. If an AllClear ID Plus customer receives an alert, or otherwise suspects that he/she may be the victim of identity theft, the customer can speak directly, on a priority basis, with an on-staff licensed private investigator, who will conduct a comprehensive inquiry. In the case of an identity theft, the customer can work with an identity restoration specialist to contact creditors and others, and take necessary steps to restore the customer’s identity.
    A $1 million identity theft insurance policy per user to provide additional protection in the event that an AllClear ID Plus customer becomes a victim of identity theft. This insurance would provide financial relief of up to $1 million for covered identity restoration costs, legal defense expenses, and lost wages that occur within 12 months after the stolen identity event.
    More information will be available on the enrollment page, a link which will be included in the email you will receive.
    We continue to work around the clock to have some PlayStation Network services and Qriocity services restored, and will be providing you specific details shortly.
    Thank you.

11. daytripper

c’mon i need to get back to kz3 and get the dlc

12. Ihadd2

Sony has been saying that service is going to be up “within the week” well they’re running out of days. So does this mean we’re getting it back by the weekend???? I’m still waiting. I’ve been waiting all week!!!!

13. theevilaires

Patience my son. When you rush things you get RROD results. Trust in SONY they will deliver us salvation soon.

14. Epic Fool

Salvation, bro…

15. frostquake

I understand everyone’s anticipation. I fill like it is almost Christmas!

I wonder, will they push everything back, of the things that were already supposed to be on the store? Or, will we get like a MEGA-Tuesday-Gasm, where we get a TON of new Content?

I was in the process of buying ALL DLC on my PS3′s Shiny new 500 Gig HD that I had just installed. Plus Sony tends to Discount DLC alot better then MS does in the long run. Plus my 360 only has a 250 Gig right now, and to my surprise, I am filling that up too quickly.

But I too, am surprised how much I have become reliant on my weekly routine of Going online with PS3 to check all the New GOODIES.

So I am definitely having withdrawal symptoms.

First thing I do is grab the Netbook, have VG247 boot up and see if the PSN it back online, of course at which point, I fling the Netbook like a Frisbie, jump out of bed in Nude Repose, and run to the Entertainment Den..or Man cave, and sign in, to only have the Wife to tell me, “Put some Clothes on, will you?”

16. theevilaires

First thing I want everyone to do when PSN is back online is meet me in my HOME space. We need to have an emergency PlayStation meeting about the future of all things PlayStation. I’m also going to name a successor in my place just in case something happens to me in the timely event I have to go and hunt down Anonymous myself.

17. Christopher Jack

Any news about the ‘Welcome Back’ program?
    Specifically this: “Each territory will be offering selected PlayStation entertainment content for free download. Specific details of this content will be announced in each region soon.”
    Also interested to know if there will be any new features when we upgrade to 3.61.

18. NightCrawler1970

@13 & 14, we as Sony gamers we gonna sit down around the campfire and sing a long song “CUMBAYAAAAAAAA MY LORD, CUMBAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA lmao!!!!

All praise to the playstation, quoted by “snake on the plane”….